PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Faucet Water Supply Lines Question

NashXL
10-16-2013, 05:46 PM
10/16

Hi All,

As part of the updates that keep on coming, this week I've replaced the bath and kitchen faucets and drains. Everything went well starting in the bathroom first. Last 5 minutes of a lot of tight upside down time with cabinet bases digging in my back and of course the last connection (hot water plastic supply line with the cone/tapered end leaks. The new kitchen faucets (Price/Phister) lines are much shorter and left me with 4" or so short needing a line extension 1/2" female for the faucet with 3/8" female opposite end to a 3/8" male brass fitting converting to a 1/2" male thread for the supply line. I've tried changing a few things and am still getting a leak. So the questions are:
1. Is there anywhere to get another tapered plastic end to slide over the supply line if I cut a little off to have a fresh end. These also have a
small metal lock style washer on the line holding the tapered end.
2. If not, can anyone tell me where to look for the pump side connection so I can find in the basement, remove and replace the entire line. This is for my 1999 CC with the kitchen on the door side. Right now all I see are the two grey lines disappearing downward behind the cabinet. Having a starting point will help.
Thanks gents or ladies. Who are we kidding! Thanks for any help gents.

Sincerely,

Doug
NashXL

garyde
10-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Hi Doug. I would check with one of the POG sponsors who work on Coaches. They should have what you need.

Gil_J
10-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Doug,

I just looked at mine and it looks like standard PEX tubing. Many Lowes and Home Depot stock PEX fittings. The Sharkbite style connectors can be installed without any special tools.

All water lines should be terminated on the PEX manifold in the bay with the faucet.

NashXL
10-23-2013, 05:41 PM
10/23 5:30pm

Yo Gil - Yur Da Man! I had never even heard of Sharkbite fittings. And for whatever reason , Home Depot here does not keep them in the plumbing area with the faucets and steel braided lines, etc. They had a complete selection up front in the contractor plumbing area. These things are sweet! Just sawed off the nipple on the PEX supply lines and snapped those babies on. Only had the hot side dripping a little but did both so they are finished the same. Great $6 each spend. Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Doug
NashXL