PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Organized

MangoMike
01-03-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm a big fan of crates.

No I don't mean one of Fast Rogers cars.

These crates:

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Cool%20Toos/container.jpg

13 x 8 x 6" They're perfect for storing everything from cancelled checks to regulators. If you've got a lot of "stuff" these will help you find the "stuff" easier in the future.

Stackable, clear and now on sale at Home Depot for $1.99. If you're interested shop now as Home Depot only offers them during the first of the year. I bought a 100 last year and use them in the bus, garage, office and restaurant.

Get Organized and hit 2007 running.

Mike

Jerry Winchester
01-05-2007, 04:29 PM
So instead of a Bling Contest for POG3, we are going to have a "Bay Organization Contest" with the winner getting the A1 Anal Bay Award for neatness beyond the call of duty?

And Mike, ya have to work on that spelling. Tare remover?

Just Plain Jeff
01-05-2007, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=Jerry Winchester;8455]So instead of a Bling Contest for POG3, we are going to have a "Bay Organization Contest" with the winner getting the A1 Anal Bay Award for neatness beyond the call of duty?
QUOTE]

Too late. Lew already outdistanced any contender at POG I with Ace True Value in his front bay, completely organized, SAE to metric. How can you beat that?

dalej
01-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Jerry, that is pretty observant of you....let me guess, you graduated from OSU Cum Laude. ;)

Jon Wehrenberg
01-05-2007, 08:18 PM
He did graduate from OSU Magna Cum Laude, but Rae has to read the posts for him. She caught it.

Jerry Winchester
01-05-2007, 08:54 PM
A1 - How many languages do you think I can tell you to "Bite Me" in?

lewpopp
01-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Now you'll tell me that I can't win the "Bay Organizational Award" in Absentia in Kerrville. Oh well, I can live with that.

As for some of the tools, I am ashuing myself of many misc. bits to lighten the load. I think I have seen the tool-a-holic following me or is he stalking me?

jello_jeep
01-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Mango Man, I bought 50 or so of these too, they are great indeed! Looks like they would be handy in the shop too!

win42
01-06-2007, 10:35 AM
The "Lew Myth": I've come to the conclusion this Lew Character is just another myth made up by JDUB & Mango. If they can't produce the real thing in the flesh at POG3 then all reference to the mythical character should be banned in this forum forever. If this mythical character actually exists and only has time to meet with other lesser groups then shame on him.
What I'm saying here is come to POG3 Lew and make our day.
"Love Ya Man"

Jon Wehrenberg
01-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey ole fella,

This may sound like a flying saucer sighting, but I actually saw Lew (and Kathy). He is for real.

The Lewster is not an imaginary thing. He really drives a Marathon and he has more stuff in his bay than everyone else put together at POG I.

Unlike you CA types, this NY dude is the real deal.;)

jello_jeep
01-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Dang right I am stalking you! Who do you think unplugged your level low system, it was a masterful diversioin, and I bet you don't even know whats gone yet!!!

lewpopp
01-06-2007, 09:50 PM
A lot of you guys are really missing the Lewster. Well, a lot of ya came really close or are coming really close to where I am. At night look up in the sky and I'm right under the bright star.

The "CULT", Liberty Coach is having their secret meetings soon and only those with lights up their (oops, old man Harry wouldn't like what I had in mind) whatchacallit will be their drinking their coctails while holding three fingers out. That takes practice but they get it rather quickly. They're talented people.

My job today was to get some black touch-up and work on my wiper arms that hqave lost their luster. I will post the process later with all sorts of pictures. I'll try to out do the MM. As for Outdooing, ya know after the first of each year they rename Outdoor Resorts to OUTDO RESORTS. It's a game of CAN YOU TOP THIS, wether it be coaches, cars, trucks, golfcarts, or landscaping.

Enough fo Lewster. I cannot make it to Kerrville. I am under doctors orders not to get too far from her. Jealous yet?

Lew

JamesJ
01-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I went to home depot and they had no idea what i was looking for.

jello_jeep
01-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I have been to two different ones, and bought them at both stores. It could be a regional thing ??

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-26-2007, 12:55 AM
When we were in Tampa at the Super RV Show, I drug Peggy around to all of the " Stuff Booths" , to see the stuff they were selling.

These CordPro storage reels are way cool :cool: and thought I would share them with everybody. http://www.cordpro.com/

I already got mine in my shop and they work great. :)

Now if I can just get a bus to put them in :confused: Still Looking

Gary S

MangoMike
01-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Gary,

Looks great. I've ordered a couple and going to place on my Cool Bus Tools site giving you credit.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Cool%20Toos/ToolsPg1.html

Thanks

Mike

Also Note: I've seen the original 7 qt crates at Home Depot now marked down to 99¢ each. Get 'em while they last.

Jerry Winchester
01-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Gary,

I have a couple of those cord deals in my coach. Mike doesn't remember, but they were on display at Oshkosh and that is where I bought them. They are plenty handy and easy to store and use.

MangoMike
01-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Yes, Jerry's right as I had forgotten about OSH.

Jerry uses his for Dental Floss - everything is big in Texas.

Mike

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Gary,

I have a couple of those cord deals in my coach. Mike doesn't remember, but they were on display at Oshkosh and that is where I bought them. They are plenty handy and easy to store and use.

Jerry, are you using yours for just electrical cords, or the ProXL for water hoses too?

Man am I glad its Friday, :) now excusss me, I have to go fertilize the lawns, and Rug Doctor the carpets before Peggy gets home, otherwise I won't get a kiss? :(

Gary S

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Jerry, are you using yours for just electrical cords, or the ProXL for water hoses too?

Man am I glad its Friday, http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/ now excusss me, I have to go fertilize the lawns, and Rug Doctor the carpets before Peggy gets home, otherwise I won't get a kiss? http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/

Gary S

Gary, I have a nice horse for sale. You wouldn't have to worry about the fertalizer OR the lawn any more!! :D:D JIM
Matter of fact: The kiss either. ha ha ha

Jerry Winchester
01-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Gary,

I use them only for cords. I don't think you could get much of a hose in there.

Mike is right. And being so resolved to the cause of dental hygene, I have been really happy to see all the new folks show up on the forum.

At POG 1, Ben and I were the only guys there will all our own teeth.

gmcbuffalo
01-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Mike
Boy the left coast must have higher prices I checked both HF abd HD and they are selling those containers for $5.99 not $0.99 here in Oregon.
GregM

MangoMike
01-27-2007, 06:39 AM
Greg,

How many do you want? I'll ship them too you.

Mango

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Gary,

I use them only for cords. I don't think you could get much of a hose in there.

Jerry If your bus doesn't have an auto hose reel, you might check out the newest Cord PROXL http://www.cordpro.com/cpxl.html it says it will hold 50' of 1/2 Water Hose ? :) That should work, huh ?

With the water hose you wind it differently, than the EL Cord. You wind the hose the opposite way on each side of the reel, so only the part you need unwinds from the reel...:confused: That is what it says anyway?

See you. :cool:

gmcbuffalo
01-28-2007, 02:26 AM
I bought one of these many years ago I think at Quartzste and it overheated and melted the inside of the unit. I see the notice about using 1/2 the rating. What rating is he talking about?
GregM

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-28-2007, 12:09 PM
I bought one of these many years ago I think at Quartzste and it overheated and melted the inside of the unit. I see the notice about using 1/2 the rating. What rating is he talking about?
GregM

http://www.cordpro.com/usecp100.html

AVOID OVERHEATING

All cords generate
heat when used.
Know cord ratings before use.

Do not exceed 1/2 cord rating if used coiled.

Greg: Here is CordPro's email address for Customer Service burktek@cordpro.com Rather than guess what they mean by "Use 1/2 cord rating, email them for specifics.

You might even tell them about your burned up cord reel, and see what they will do for you ?

bill&jody
01-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Gary,

At POG 1, Ben and I were the only guys there will all our own teeth.

hey jerry: bill has all his own teeth!:D actually he tells people he is really only 30 - looks 60 because he is married to me. brat.
sure missing everyone at this mini-pog in titusville today. please convince bill to take me to pog lll. i may have to hitch a ride with someone else!
jody

Jerry Winchester
01-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Jody,

I sure hope you can get Mr. "Got All My Own Teeth" 30 going on 60 to hump up and come to Kerrville so we can visit. We just thought he brought his daughter to POG 1 ........

Gary,

Now that is the whopper sized cord reel. I might have to get one of those for my "long" water hose. Are you going to get this coach deal closed before we get to Kerrville?

JDUB

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Gary,

Now that is the whopper sized cord reel. I might have to get one of those for my "long" water hose. Are you going to get this coach deal closed before we get to Kerrville?

JDUB

Jerry, I am afraid it doesn't look good for our bus before POG III.:(

Peg's current contract with BP is coming to an end, and so that is looming over our head's, not that we need money or nothing, it is just that my income under the bridges around the Galleria has slowed down during the rainy season. Know what I mean? :eek:

Worst case, we may have to be out in the back 40 at Kerrville in our Plastic coach. We promise not embarase you by telling anyone we know you guys, OR HEY WAIT, you have promise not to let on that you know us??? :p

We know where we need to be now, $$, after all of our research just not sure when we are going to get there?
In my lifetime I hope :D