PDA

View Full Version : Tow Mini Cooper Manual Transmission?

rfoster
01-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Has anybody on this forum or a POG member who is lurking on the side lines towed a Mini Cooper 4 wheels down successfully? "AP" alias Chris Yates has an automatic convertible that he trailers. He thought someone in attendance at POG2 towed one - if so - let me know. I would like to try towing one around rather than trailering or tow dollying it.

Many trips planned in 07 - inquiring minds need to know these things.

MangoMike
01-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Fast Roger,

Over at rv.net last year there were guys talking about succesfully towing manual minis.. You might want to try a search to see the comments.

mm

Ray Davis
01-03-2007, 01:11 AM
If I remember POG2 correctly, parked one or two doors to your right side was Steve Bennetts Marathon, and he was towing a Mini 4-wheel down. You might contact Steve at California Coach Company http://www.californiacoachcompany.com/

bill&jody
01-03-2007, 03:23 PM
senor bling-
didn't you tow a mini to pog 1 ?? seem i remember you guys tryin' to get my wife to buy it....

rfoster
01-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Ray: Thanks for the reminder, what was I thinking?.Steve (California Coach) was right next to us. So with your reminder, I proceeded to look up his ad on Prevost-Stuff, got the email address, ask the question, and immediately got a typical POG response, timely, helpful, and right on the money from experience. He has towed his 20K miles!
MM: appreciate your response too!
Bill: Yes I did and I did. I used a tow dolly on that one, but the only dolly and I want to fool with in the future is Dolly Parton.
I sold that mini along with a number of others this year and recently purchased a S 6 speed convertible and wanted to tow in the future (unless it gets sold). I really like those little cars, their great!