PDA

View Full Version : LOCKED OUT.....NEED ADVICE

MWSHAWJR
08-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Posted recently about my keypad door lock not operating and was looking for a fix. Now with keys locked inside, entry door and bay doors locked, I just want to find out how to get in. Please help.....As always, thanks very much...Mike Shaw

dale farley
08-10-2013, 12:15 PM
In some cases, you can turn off the power in the engine compartment, and it will release the deadbolt in the door. I'm not sure if your engine door is locked.

wayne
08-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Try giving Ben Cummings a call....he is with Coachworx and knows Vantare very well. tel:813-830-8619 (tel:813-830-8619)

Gil_J
08-10-2013, 02:59 PM
I don't think there's a good answer, but I too would call Ben or Rick Mays, both at Parliament (formerly CoachWorx).

gmcbuffalo
08-11-2013, 05:10 PM
I would start looking at taking the windshield out or a lock pick if it is only the deadbolt keeping you out.

dale farley
08-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Is the lock electric or air operated? If its air, you may be able to drain all the air from the system cause the deadbolt to retract.

Yankee802
08-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Recently had a new Marathon owner at this campground do this very thing. First thing I did was kill the chassis power, but no luck, it was the manual deadbolt that was engaged, not the airlock. Locksmith was called and we got on the phone with Prevost Action Service, locksmith could not pick lock, PAS suggested removing front window. As luck would have it, the locksmith was able to shimmy one of his side windows open, near enough where the owner left his keys to get them and unlock the coach. I would suggest trying a side window.

Another suggestion for you and all, keep a set hidden somewhere outside the coach, aux air compartment under driver is nice, just leave the door unlocked but closed with the screw lock things. Also, you can keep the driver's side and main door windows barely unlatched. No rain gets in, they are closed, but with the latch not engaged, you can palm them open easy enough in an emergency.