PDA

View Full Version : Android phones and I Phones.

garyde
08-04-2013, 09:42 PM
I took my computer on the last two trips . Never used it. I've found that all my e mail and work and leisure info is much easier and handy to access on my I Phone. This is a significant change from only 3 years ago when the conversations were on how to get the best connection for our computers. The Verizon 3G on my Apple I phone 5S is good, as well as the Wi-Fi back up.:cool:

Ronald Hiemann
08-04-2013, 10:04 PM
I do agree with most of what you said, but, still, I do have a desktop PC and a multi-function, wireless printer/scanner/copier on board Olivia. In fact, only a few days ago, I purchased a new PC. An HP Envy Rove 20 all-in-one 20 inch touchscreen PC. It looks like an uber iPad. The reason for this set-up is, that 1) we do have a desk in Olivia and 2) some business work is still best done using a PC. However, I am also typing his post on my IPad, which gets the most use of them all. Using an IPhone for more than occasional, quick peek at email, is, IMHO, much too cumbersome. Of course, if nothing else is on hand, the iPhone is the next best thing one can have for all sorts of activities. If I had to chose just one solution, it would be th iPad. Hands down.
Cheers,
Ronald

Gil_J
08-04-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm with Ronald. I still like a real keyboard and access to sites that don't work on my iPad.

I do agree that connectivity has improved to the point that I seldom am anywhere that 3G doesn't reach and 4G is getting better. We'll be seeing more and more pico or femto cells that will help with spectrum overload that is limiting throughput in many areas. Big tower sites will be fewer and fewer in high density locations in favor of these small systems. Some of these measure the size of a Rubic's cube. It will only get better.

garyde
08-05-2013, 09:46 PM
I agree, My fingers are somewhat large and so it is too much for long write ups on my I phone. My next purchase will be an I Pad. The computer still comes with me for back up. technology is moving so rapidly, in another 3 years, who knows what we will be using. Incidentally, with the I Pad, Ray Davis has a great program to watch all Engine systems on a I pad. Well worth looking in to.