PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass roof fairing?

Tully Garrett
07-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Really like the look of the fiberglass roof fairing on this vintage XL. Wonder what something like that would cost? Really updatesthe look of the bus.

Who sells this :confused:

And, can it be bought in it's raw state as I would have a body shop do the install
(or someone I know on the boards here)...

Tully

jack14r
07-24-2013, 08:55 PM
I think that these are converter specific,I know that Liberty manufacturers their faring.

Tully Garrett
07-24-2013, 08:58 PM
A 1990 XL - they all are the same. I wonder if this is something they could sell in a raw and unpainted form?
What converters are still around that I could check with?

Of course Liberty is now on the list.

Tully

Gil_J
07-24-2013, 09:00 PM
It wouldn't really be hard to do. If you don't have rooftop mounted awnings on both sides it might look a bit different. This looks to be mounted to the cap the entire width. Most I've seen are mounted above the cap. If you mount it to the cap from side to side be careful that it doesn't limit the ability for rain to drain from the roof and fall off the cap.

garyde
07-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Liberty won't do it. You may have to go to a custom shop. The cost of installing backing re enforcement & wiring normally prohibits by the cost. If a company wants to just screw some mounts up top , run away.

gmcbuffalo
07-25-2013, 01:45 AM
It looks to me that it is part of the whole back cap.

Seabyrd
07-25-2013, 01:57 AM
We got a couple of bids to do that on our H a couple of years ago and the price was $25K+ for both sides.. It really does look good on that XL.
Really like the look of the fiberglass roof fairing on this vintage XL. Wonder what something like that would cost? Really updatesthe look of the bus.

Who sells this :confused:

And, can it be bought in it's raw state as I would have a body shop do the install
(or someone I know on the boards here)...

Tully

Gary Carmichael
07-25-2013, 05:56 PM
I got a price 2years ago to put zip dee on both sides take off the girard, mounted to the frame 46,000 that included the end caps and paint to match existing paint scheme, remove manual awnings on drivers side fill holes etc turn Key, Would look cool and be functional but stayed with my Girard. Gary There is a lot of work involved in doing it the right way, lot of interior has to be removed.

Tully Garrett
07-25-2013, 06:43 PM
I am more interested in just the body molding portion than anything else for aesthetics. I would keep my side awnings that are mounted on the bus and simply have this for aesthetics only with no awning or sport issues. Kind of curious as to how that would look?

Tully

Tully Garrett
07-25-2013, 07:09 PM
This what the side awnings in with upper body molding looks like.

Tully

billbunch47
07-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Tully, you need to contact Doug at Excalibur Coach in Sanford Fl he has the parts and pieces to do what your looking for and has done by for the most XL's with the awning conversion.

Tully Garrett
07-25-2013, 10:40 PM
I will and thanks Bill.

Tully

rahangman
07-25-2013, 11:18 PM
Tully, you might try Hoffman Coach in PA, they have been around forever and I have seen several of their coaches and visited them, they do nice work;

Reagan Sirmons
07-26-2013, 12:22 PM
I have the side fairings and not the front cap portion. I do have a rear air foil. I believe the costs are about 3 to 4 thousand... I do not know but it is a great add on.
Pres

Tully Garrett
07-26-2013, 01:21 PM
ReRenga where did you get the side fairings? Was that price for parts, install and paint?

Tully

Gary Carmichael
07-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Good looking! Gary

Reagan Sirmons
08-02-2013, 05:36 PM
When CC did the conversion, they placed the side fairings on the coach as far as I know. The gentleman from whom I purchased the coach gave me the cost information. Sorry I do not have any other help. Pres