PDA

View Full Version : Bling King Beware

BrianE
01-01-2007, 11:51 AM
After checking out the beautiful machines at POG II we decided our coach needed a little updating. Fortunately we are not far from Marathon Country and we were lucky to find Mike Wilson who executed many of Jon Stahrs creative paint schemes during his many years at Marathon. Mike has left Marathon and is now self employed as: http://willyscustomconcepts.tripod.com/. Mike's artistry along with some IBT bling toys and Larry Oberfoell's (Paradise Bus Conversions) interior artistry gave our old girl a new lease on life. Can't plug these guys enough. Mike also gives quantity discounts....his REGULAR price for a custom paint job is $15K. See you in Kerrville.:)

BrianE & Beverly
94Liberty XL

rmboies
01-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Wow Brain and Bev, WAY COOL!!!!!! I love teal and your coach looks brand new. Looks like fast Roger has a new competitor for the king of bling:eek:

truk4u
01-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Brian,

Fantastic looking job, I love the colors!;) Stahr painting mine ant the paint still looks great for 10 years old.

ken&ellen
01-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Brian E, Our Liberty was also painted at Marathon......maybe a trend has started!:D Ken & Ellen

Orren Zook
01-01-2007, 07:34 PM
I agree, two excellent paint jobs!

lewpopp
01-01-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm jealous !!!!

Lew

gmcbuffalo
01-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Mine was done by Mike in 2001 still looks great and Mike does touch up jobs at a great rate. He is a master at matching colors. He is an exhibitor at BusNusa rally's. Can't recommend him enough.
GregM

bill&jody
01-02-2007, 11:11 PM
ken/ellen - is that the same paint you had at pog 1 in polk city? or did you swap vessels?

anybody have any experience with glen franklin? we're tentatively scheduled for spring. we would have been done by now, but he's moved from lakeland to southern ohio. so now i gotta drive a bzillion miles back to ohio. that or find somebody else. maybe i'll need a good excuse like visiting roger in tenn.

unfortunatly, willys is even further. lesseeeee..... 3000 miles divided by 5mpg times $285...

wmm

rfoster
01-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Bill: Its ironic that I am sitting in the parking lot of the Nashivlle Auto Auction in the bus for a sale tommorrow in hopes of aquiring a couple of diesel pickups like you had. It seems everyone is under the same spell? Wanting an F250 4x4 Powerstroke preferrably 02 to 04. But anyway come on to Tennessee - we need the money.

Also those are beautiful paint jobs, but you got to have the belt buckle and the teeth to get the King of Bling title.

Dont forget the disco ball!

Joe Cannarozzi
01-03-2007, 05:34 AM
Rodger, Bill

Does this one work for ya?
The tires are 11-22.5

Orren Zook
01-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Bill: Its ironic that I am sitting in the parking lot of the Nashivlle Auto Auction in the bus for a sale tommorrow in hopes of aquiring a couple of diesel pickups like you had. It seems everyone is under the same spell? Wanting an F250 4x4 Powerstroke preferrably 02 to 04. But anyway come on to Tennessee - we need the money.

Also those are beautiful paint jobs, but you got to have the belt buckle and the teeth to get the King of Bling title.

Dont forget the disco ball!

Roger,

The Ford factory sales at NAA are every other Monday, aren't they? Better selections then...... too bad that the White and Silver F250's today were 2WD.

dalej
01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Brian, your coach looks really GREAT! I really like the colors, I bet you just love it. Can't wait to see it in Kerrville. So is Peter's in the shop now? after seeing yours I'll bet he is having thoughts.

Petervs
01-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Well Dale, just to set your mind at ease, my bus is not in the paint shop. The last Stahr paint job it had is not even 10 years old yet so I will stick with it a while longer.

But Brian's new look has made me decide it is time to upgrade my image, and I have decided to get a more manly vehicle for serious travels. See the pics and I am sure you will agree it is a nice choice!

Petervs
01-03-2007, 07:53 PM
The rest of the pics for your amusement. Now, when my GPS sends me on a route and you get a sign that says: "Caution, road not maintained by XYZ County, subject to flash floods, etc, etc." Well I can just happily keep going. Probably not a good plan when driving the Prevost though.

dalej
01-03-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm not buying it Peter, I have seen those photos floating around.;)

lewpopp
01-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Is that the new Super Chief?