PDA

View Full Version : Fan shaft dampner/bushing

JamesJ
12-31-2006, 12:56 AM
On the shaft between the pully and the radiator fan gearbox there is a rubber bushing or dampner does anyone know the name of this or part number and where to get one? This is on my 90 country coach.

Joe Cannarozzi
12-31-2006, 07:27 AM
Hello Jim dont believe we ever talked. Try Prevost parts Elgin Illinois. We work with Rodger but everyone is very helpful.

JamesJ
12-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Sounds goods I will try them. I hope they are open today.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-31-2006, 10:54 AM
James,

That coupling is likely a generic part. I would suggest an on-line search at WW Grainger or McMaster-Carr or do a search under power drive equipment.

A lot of the items on our coaches are off-the-shelf and are not Prevost specific.

As a last resort Prevost is a good source, but you may find it in stock somewhere else with better pricing and delivery.

JamesJ
01-03-2007, 07:50 PM
I ordered a part from Prevost and got the wrong one. I will call them tomorrow and see about getting the correct part. Here is a picture of the part. There are four small bolt/rods that turn the shaft and the rubber is to help with the shock of startup. The bolts broke and then the rubber held in as long as it could.

http://www.thejardgroup.com/IMG_3965.JPG
http://www.thejardgroup.com/IMG_3967.JPG

Jon Wehrenberg
01-03-2007, 09:10 PM
James, If you still have the fan with the steel blades you may want to consider replacing it now with the nylon cooling fan. Your coupling and gear box will thank you for that.

JamesJ
01-03-2007, 11:51 PM
I would love to upgrade! Is there a part number? Kit or a link on a web site with the upgrade that I can look at?

Jon Wehrenberg
01-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Prevost can help you. The original steel bladed radiator fans were replaced sometime in the early to mid nineties and at the time Prevost sold the new fans as a retrofit.

The old steel fans were very heavy and when the bus was shut down they would literally bang back and forth stressing the gears in the gearbox and everything else in the fan drive.

The replacement fan was a direct replacement so you only have to get the Prevost parts guys to pick the right one based on your coach serial number.

JamesJ
01-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Sounds good, thanks for the info!

Orren Zook
01-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Jon,

Were the replacement fans manufactured by Flex-a-lite? What or how much of the original assembly is replaced? Thanks!

Jon Wehrenberg
01-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Orren, When I upgraded my 87, the fan was all that was replaced. Since I no longer have the coach I cannot tell you who manufactured the fan.