PDA

View Full Version : ISRI Seat

garyde
06-24-2013, 10:55 PM
I had to replace a my air bellows under the ISRI seat because of a small right angle fitting which connects to the top of the bellows. It appears its almost impossible to get just the fitting itself, I had to order the assembly. So, instead of a simple 15 minute job, it turns out to be a 3 hour job to remove the seat and seat base, remove the air bellows, and re install. Prevost Parts also made it tough by not identifying the right angle air fitting . Would have been a real simple fix.

Joe Camper
06-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Wish U would have mentioned the job beforehand. What do U think it weighs ? And the precarious position leaning over the drivers wing table to get it up and over. 45ft bus and it all comes down to inches. In a word PLASTIC. Was the replacement fitting plastic too? ANYTIME anybody pulls a drivers ISRI get the original rubber air lines going to the lumbar controls OUT and replace those too. They get dry so dry they get brittle and crumbly I believe the same small line feeds the seat "ride height valve" too. Yes our ISRI have ride height valves LOL. The buttons for the lumbar adjustments are also a common place I find bubbles with the soapy water solution and not only where the fittings are spray down the entire button Ive seen them leaking from all points of that particular part. I got so aggravated when working up at the drivers floor when I first got on our bus it became evident very early on there is no easy fixes in this area either U R a contortionist or U will be pulling the seat.

garyde
06-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Hi Joe. Its a plastic right angle fitting which broke. It comes with a small plastic clip which you have to slide into a slot to hold the fitting in place on top of the air bag. Problem is I dropped the clip and can not find it now, so its off to the store to try to find something that will work in its place. Its a crappy design.