PDA

View Full Version : Bedroom Carpet Replacement......04 Featherlite

MWSHAWJR
06-12-2013, 11:44 AM
My bedroom carpet is nearly 10 years old and needs to be replaced. Apparently the former owner spilled a little more red wine than I have at least thus far. I have 2 bedroom slides and want to know if I should attempt the project or try to find someone to do it that has more experience than me which would include almost anyone. Thank you, Mike Shaw

dale farley
06-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Mike,

If I were in your position, I would be asking the same question. After I finished, I would probably be thinking, "for just a little more I could have a professional job instead of an "okay" job." I think I would just pay little more up front, and let a pro do it.

garyde
06-14-2013, 10:08 PM
I would check with the carpet company you would purchase the carpet. Sometimes , for small jobs, they will just give you a guys name who will do the work for cash. That way you can participate as much as you are willing. Also, in the classified section of the local paper, there are always individuals who have the experience and do small jobs.

merle&louise
06-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Mike, we changed out the carpet in our bedroom and replaced it with vinyl wood flooring. It is more durable than carpet & it's fairly easy to install.