PDA

View Full Version : LAS VEGAS SUMMER SUN AND HEAT................04 Featherlite...Triple Slide

MWSHAWJR
06-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Please advise me on whether or not I should consider leaving my coach on my lot at LVM for the Nevada summer. I am back and forth from Montana and would usually fly or drive my car there where I have a home. I know it would be better stored, but I have everything I need here except overhead protection and it is already paid for. Also please advise on precautions I need to take with consideration for the heat and sun here if I decide to leave it parked for a couple of months. Any advice will be greatly appreciated......Thank you all, Mike Shaw

jack14r
06-12-2013, 04:18 PM
I am just curious,will the air conditioners keep up on a 115 degree day in Las Vegas? If so do you have cruise airs or roof airs?

MWSHAWJR
06-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Roof airs and they have already worked fine at 112.

jack14r
06-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Thats great,I have cruise airs and last summer I was in 101 degree and could keep the coach at 72 degrees,I do not have a clue how they would work in 110-115 degree heat.

merle&louise
06-13-2013, 08:36 AM
I have always been told that the best one can expect is 20 degrees cooler than the ambient temps. In 115 degree heat that would be 95 degrees inside.

Make sure that if one of your ACs overheats and trips a circuit breaker that your refrigerator/freezer is not affected.

I have been in campgrounds in extreme heat and the circuit breaker trips at the power pedestal outside. If I were you I would remove all of the food from the refrigerator/freezer when you leave just to be safe.

garyde
06-14-2013, 10:50 PM
I would check with the Management on what they have available for you. Can someone check in on the coach? Heat is tough on everything including tires , Window seals, etc. So the more you can cover the better. If your coming and going a lot, you probably could keep one A/C running set at 78 degrees. Keep all shades closed. The issue is power failure or A/C failure so its a good idea to have someone check on your coach.