PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Prices Expected to be Lower this Summer

dale farley
05-27-2013, 09:02 AM
The U.S. Department of Energy is projecting that average fuel prices will be about 10 cents lower this summer than in 2012. Based on inventories and futures pricing, regular gasoline is projected to average around $3.53 a gallon over the summer (April - September) which is down from last year's average of $3.63. Diesel prices should track the same path.

As we all know, energy price forecasts are highly uncertain, and the current values of futures and options contracts suggest that prices could differ significantly from the projected levels, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA). But as a general rule, most places in the U.S. are currently enjoying significantly lower fuel prices than earlier this year, and hopefully, those prices will continue to decline and/or remain lower than the same time last year. More reason to enjoy the bus and do a little traveling.

Joe Camper
05-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Regular in Chicago is 4 bucks a gallon and thats in the outlying areas. In the city 4.35 to 4.50.

Is there even enough clearly thinking Americans left to get pissed off enough to ever fix it all. Good Grief.

dale farley
05-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Joe,

Our local price is $3.32. I think this is like so many other things in our economy and society. We just sat back and watched things happen!

Gil_J
05-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Joe,

Yet another reason to stay in southern Florida ;-)

Dick in Wisconsin
05-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Just returned from to the Milwaukee area from Indianapolis. Gas prices around MKE are $3.79 to $3.99 a gallon; higher in the Chicago area. Traditionally Lebanon, IN has had affordable gas compared to everywhere else ... but $3.89 this weekend. Cheapest gas we found ... right in Speedway, Indiana! The Speedway station at 16th and Georgetown Road (for those who don't know for some reason ... right across the street from Indianapolis Motor Speedway) was $3.59. The stations at Lindhurst and 10th Street were also $3.59 a gallon. There were the prices from early Saturday morning through Sunday night after the 500!

We need more fleets (gasoline and diesel) to convert to compressed natural gas (CNG), liquid natural gas (LNG), and maybe propane. That will decrease the demand for gasoline and diesel bringing the prices down help, improve air quality, and since is North American sourced ... help the economy!

coreygrubb
05-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Hey, Dick, Will be racing Milw Mile 6/1&2. If you're free, come hang and bench race.

Dick in Wisconsin
05-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Is that the SCCA event? Will you be there in the evening? I'm running the ARCA stock car race at Road America same day as the NASCAR Nationwide race (Sat. June 22nd). So I'm spending all my "free time" working on the car at shop in Hartford. If you're going to be there in Sat evening, we would like to try and stop by. More bus questions to ask.

coreygrubb
05-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Dick, probably till dark. Where's your shop in Hartford ? Our shop is off 144 & NN in west Bend(2mi from Slinger Speedway).

rahangman
05-28-2013, 01:23 AM
I tend to follow Joe Camper's thinking.....WTF (hope that is allowed), but really, just like the Employment Stats around, people are THRILLED and EXCITED over changes of .01% or 1 cent a gallon, or whatever. No one realizes crap from changes that small except the big companies.....how many gallons of fuel do we use for a 1 cent or even 5 cent a gallon difference? How far out of our way is it worth it to try to save 2-5 cents a gallon? Boy, not catching many fish today has somewhat put an edge on me....just the same.

Gil_J
05-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Exxon Mobil, annual revenue $420 Billion, profit 10.7%, dividends 2.7%. High fuel prices does benefit been some--Exxon Mobil and their share holders.

What happened to diesel prices. It used to be cheaper than regular grade fuel and now it's 30 cents a gallon more. Can ultra low sulfur fuel refining really cost that much more than diesel of years past?

Joe Camper
05-28-2013, 11:23 AM
T-Bone Pickins had the spotlight for quite a while while trying to educate folks about the benifits of converting the bus and truck industry over to natural gas.

So how do great ideas like this barly even get a thought with the majority of the general public?

Simple. Currently life in America is way too soft and easy. We are surrounded by idiots.

R Lee Urley for president.