PDA

View Full Version : How to select an RV resort or campground for 45 footers with toads.

Barney
05-19-2013, 09:27 AM
What references sources do you guys use to plan your travel/vacation stops and long term parking too.
You know, gives you all the details of what they offer, fees, size rigs they can accommodate, ratings etc?

Thanks

dmatz
05-19-2013, 09:34 AM
I use Big Rigs Best Best, recommendations from this site. I spend to e on the Internet a d I also google earth the RV park to see what the area around it looks like.

Gil_J
05-19-2013, 11:32 AM
I've travelled from FL to AK and use www.rvparkreviews.com, the CG's own site, and a phone call. I sometimes use Google Earth and sometimes use Big Rigs Best Bets. Unless the CG has no tress, Google Earth isn't much good. I must admit Big Rig Best Bets spends more time on the shelf and is really not used anymore. As good as it is, it provides such a limited number of CGs that far too many would be overlooked if you only relied on this publication. We spent over 6 months travelling a good bit of the US and parts of Canada and never spent a night outside of a CG; all with sites and access large enough for us. In most cases, we unhook the toad upon entering a CG; but not always. There were a couple of CGs that were tight but doable with a spotter. We seldom made a reservation booking most CGs around lunchtime of the day of our arrival.

Sid Tuls
05-19-2013, 12:14 PM
I've travelled from FL to AK and use www.rvparkreviews.com (http://www.rvparkreviews.com), the CG's own site, and a phone call. I sometimes use Google Earth and sometimes use Big Rigs Best Bets. Unless the CG has no tress, Google Earth isn't much good. I must admit Big Rig Best Bets spends more time on the shelf and is really not used anymore. As good as it is, it provides such a limited number of CGs that far too many would be overlooked if you only relied on this publication. We spent over 6 months travelling a good bit of the US and parts of Canada and never spent a night outside of a CG; all with sites and access large enough for us. In most cases, we unhook the toad upon entering a CG; but not always. There were a couple of CGs that were tight but doable with a spotter. We seldom made a reservation booking most CGs around lunchtime of the day of our arrival.

Gill could you tell me CGs stand for? I always use Big Rig Best and have yet to be disappointed.

Thanks
sid

truxton
05-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Sid, wake up buddy. Camp Ground. I didn't know what LOL meant.

Gil_J
05-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Sid,

You won't be disappointed using Big Rig Best, but you will have overlooked CGs the authors didn't visit. There are some very nice CGs they didn't visit. If I solely relied on this book I could not have stayed in some towns I did stay in.

Sid Tuls
05-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Ok ok I got it!!!

rahangman
05-20-2013, 12:50 AM
CG....lets see, could be CowGirl?

merle&louise
05-20-2013, 09:01 AM
If you don't have access to a Big Rigs book just call Loc.