PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV DVR

wayne
05-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Just curious if anyone else has this happening to them.....our Direct TV DVR's seem to have a mind of their own....they turn on by themselves at all hours of the day or night. We are currently at home....our bus is under roof, no satellite signal, and I have turned the stateroom DVR off at least 6 times today. After turning itself on the center lit circle spins...just like it does when you have paused a program.
Any ideas on how we can keep this from happening?

Thanks,
jill

garyde
05-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Hi Wayne. I would talk with a Tech at Direct TV. It sounds like the reciever is trying to make a connection with the Satelite dish .

truxton
05-16-2013, 10:06 PM
I have 3 boxes in the bus and they all do it. I believe when it senses a small power surge of any kind it turn's itself on. Some of these electric guys ought to know. If it's easy to access, unplug them. I can't get at mine in the rack to do that. Gremlins.
Every coach and bus I've had has done that. Also in the stick house it will do it sometimes.

Later
bv

wayne
05-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Thanks Gary & Bernie for your input. The most irritating part for us is that the crazy thing wakes us by lighting up the stateroom in the middle of the night like a Christmas tree!
Will give a call a tech and hope for a resolution.

Gil_J
05-17-2013, 07:09 AM
I wonder if they do this to get the latest encryption code. I too would give DirecTV a call.