PDA

View Full Version : Source for couches and getting them in and out.

Barney
05-12-2013, 12:09 PM
If you want to buy some different style couches, new or used, where do you go?
I assume couches in Provosts are special, not home household types, that right?
Are the designed to be bolted in securely for safety?
Do most require a windshield removal to swap them out?

Barney

dale farley
05-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Barney,

Flexsteel is a popular source for RV furniture http://www.flexsteel.com/vehicle-seating/products/motor-home-seating/flex-o-bed. Most large RV suppliers such as Camping World sell/order furniture. Windshield removal may or may not be required. Many times it is not a requirement.

coreygrubb
05-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Barney, The couches are usually higher end RV furniture. Ours are Flex-Steel. Depending on the couch the arms usually unbolt, enabling you to take it out the door. If not, R&R on a windshield panel is a snap on an XL, and yes they are made to be bolted to the floor.

jack14r
05-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Villa is another manufacturer villa international.com

Gil_J
05-12-2013, 07:57 PM
We replaced our aging Villa sofa, which was a quality product. We bought what is likely a residential dual electric recliner full size sofa from a large RV interior shop. They covered the door and passenger seat with moving blnkets and was able to get he old one out and new one in through the door. The sofa backs where easily removed. It was a tight fit, but very doable. You can speacial order a Flexsteel or Villa RV sofa in almost any length for a perfect fit. Ours was bought from what was in stock, so it's slightly narrower than the original.

Tully Garrett
07-16-2013, 10:48 PM
A great place is www.shop4seats.com/
You will be blown away by sofas, seats, dinnettes- etc...
All can be custom made to size and width.
Most in the $800-$1200 range in Ultra Leather.
As well, the ends (arms) can come off easy install.

Tully

Jamie Bradford
07-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi Barney,

I recently took the couch out and it was not a big deal - it came apart into 4 pieces & the frame which I was able to get off of the bus myself thru the door.

We opted for 2 Lafer recliners which we both LOVE !!!