PDA

View Full Version : Dash Air

rthomas
05-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Just lost our dash air compressor. This is in a '98 conversion, '97 chassis. Have been told there is a newer, heavier-duty compressor available. What is the model and make of this newer compressor? Appreciate any help you can offer.
Thank you.

Pete
05-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Bob, do a search for York AC compressor replacement, and it will give you some info on a replacement. (upper right side of the page)

Denny
05-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Prevost has an upgrade AC system for the XLII, not sure if it is available of the XL. I had it installed on my 02 chassis when the compressor went out two years ago and it was well worth the cost. I think it was about a 50 percent increase in cooling capacity. Worth checking to see if available on XL.

rthomas
05-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the info--will start the research.

dale farley
05-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Bob,

Keep us informed on this one. I (and probably others) are curious if there is an upgraded replacement that is available.

rthomas
05-13-2013, 10:17 PM
We have done what research we could and found a new part number for the compressor. It is a TCCI #ER210L-25149. Don't know if it is any heavier-duty but Prevost says that this is somewhat of an upgrade from our 1997 original. Have found it online several places from $171.00 and up.

William Jensen
05-14-2013, 06:13 PM
That is the correct replacement compressor for the pre-2004 change that we did on the dash a/c system. The TCI compressor is a more robust unit with bolted side and bottom plates. WE have had very goood luck with these replacement units. TCI does require that the filter dryer be replaced at the same time and that the compressor oil level be checked when installed. Then charge the system with refrigerant and run the system for a half hour. Turn off the system and the coach. Close the service valves on the compressor to isolate the compressor from the system and evacuate the compressor again. Then check the oil level again and adjust accordingly. When this is done, pull a short vacuum on the compressor and then open the sevice valves.
They want to be sure that you do not cause a premature failure due to oil clogging the compressor and causing it to fail.
I know that we do have them in stock at our part warehouses, part #950393.

dreamchasers
05-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Bill, I need to replace my compressor on my 1995 XL and I am still running R12 Freon. Can I purchase the mentioned compressor, replace the oil with mineral oil, and use in R12 service? I have spoke with Prevost parts, Abner, and he stated the R12 compressors are no longer available from Prevost. Your help is appreciated. Hector

rahangman
05-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Hector, can't answer that oil question, but when I was getting work done at Xtreme Graphics a couple years ago, I got a compressor out of Houston that I found off an Internet search. Price was good, shipping was good also.

rthomas
05-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Had our dash air compressor replaced Wednesday, along with other service items, at Parliament/CoachWorx in Clearwater, FL and couldn't be happier. It was a wonderful experience. We were treated wonderfully by all involved. Ben Cummings, Rick May, Dave Sullivan, Tad, and Joseph all are very knowledgeable and did an excellent job. We also had some questions about some dirt and stains on interior fabrics and Kathy, in detailing, was a tremendous help. We plan to return there for our future service because they are fair and extremely versed on all Prevost conversions.

Gil_J
05-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Bob,

I'm sure Sandi is pleased to have the air fixed! Rick and Ben know their stuff. And for you they are as close.

dale farley
05-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Bob,

Sounds like you got this fixed just in time for summer to roll in. Nothing like that cool air on a hot day, and it's always good to hear when things go right.

William Jensen
05-21-2013, 03:45 PM
The CCI compressor we sell now is capable of hanlding R12 and R134a with the correct charge and oil. To be sure check with the people from CCI at http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/Image1.gif
Climate Control Inc.
A DEMIRCOTM Company
2120 N. 22nd Street
Decatur, Illinois 62526
Telephone: 217-422-0055
FAX: 217-422-4323