PDA

View Full Version : In Motion TV

Joe Camper
05-07-2013, 09:28 AM
I recently aquired the ability to view live TV anywhere and in motion on my laptop with a new offer from Direct TV as an extension of my home service. With out the nessessity of a sling box either.

My question....... is there a way we can take and send these signals direct is now putting out through the flat screens in the bus or are these signals and programs going to be confined to our laptops? If we can do this Direct TV has sucessfully eliminated a bunch of equipment and expence of doing it in the current "conventional" manner.

??

Gil_J
05-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Joe,

You should be able to redirect the video display of your laptop/smartphone to a TV. Some even natively support HDMI, others you may have to get a conversion box. I bet this puts a hurting on your data plan when you don't have a Wi-Fi connection.

Joe Camper
05-07-2013, 09:46 AM
The data plan I used to have wuld have not been adiquate or large enough but by changing it to a better one its still nothing compared to what it cost to get tv in motion up to now.

Thats gotta be tough on guys selling in motion satalites and recievers.

I wonder how the converters will adapt to the new stuff. IMO things are bound to change in a big way in the near future. Its going to be interesting to see.

With this new element of TV signals combined with a BOSE wave radio/cd player a guy who is not into AV stuff to the degree most conversions are built to (like me), or on a limited budget (like me) could simplify things free up lots of space and reduce cost.

Gil_J
05-07-2013, 09:50 AM
For DirecTV subscribers HD in-motion is not available via satellite without installing a large expensive marine system that would make our coaches too tall.