PDA

View Full Version : AMX Systems

MWSHAWJR
04-19-2013, 09:29 PM
Here I go again. Have an '04 Featherlite with AMX system that is connected to lights, shades, tv, etc. Had in-motion sat and needed to replace it and did with Winegard DirectTV HD pop up dish. Also have HD Receivers. My question is can I replace my old tvs with new HD tvs and get them to work with or without using my AMX as a tv remote?

wayne
04-19-2013, 10:39 PM
We have a 2001 Vantare and when we purchased it 3 yrs ago we made that same upgrade.
Yes, your AMX can be re-programmed to control your new TV's or you can use the DirectTV remote.
If you give them a call they can tell you who can do the re-programming in your area.
http://www.amx.com/contactamx/

MWSHAWJR
04-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Thank you so much, Wayne....Really needed that information and it seems relatively hard to come by. Which way would you recommend? Just use Direct remote or get AMX reprogramed. Hardly use AMX for anything unrelated to audio/video, but it does pretty good. Guess it depends on what it costs and bang for the buck.Thanks again, Mike

wayne
04-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Mike, I'm not sure we would spend the money for the reprogram again.
The AMX controller is large and bulky. Also, if you watch a few hours of TV and flip around a bit while doing so, you get a low battery warning. It's not an old battery issue as we have replaced it twice ($100) and it acts the same way with a fresh battery. The DirectTV remote has everything on it we need....if I had it to do over (hindsight is a wonderful thing) I'd just use the DirectTv remote.
Hope this helps.