PDA

View Full Version : Shurflo Smart Sensor Water Pump

truk4u
12-23-2006, 05:03 PM
My Marathon came with two fresh water pumps wired independently as pump 1 and pump 2 for redundancy. You know the story already, they're whimpy! I replaced pump 1 with a Shurflo Smart Sensor 5.7 and now the water pressure is 60 psi., what a difference. Just have to be more careful when dry camping since the water supply could go pretty fast.;)

dalej
12-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Tom, I put one in a year ago and love it. I took both whimpy ones out and put a smart flo in, was I smart?....and also got rid of all the junk e.g. pressure tank, pressure switch. Really cleaned up my water bay. Also the supply line to the smart sensor is a 3/4 ID. inch line in.

jello_jeep
12-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Is the new pump quieter than the orgiinal wimpy ones like I still have ??:confused:

dalej
12-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Yes most of the time, but running at full speed it is about the same noise, it's variable speed. it is nice. and for $150 buckaroos or Lews.

BrianE
12-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Sounds like a show and tell by Dale & Tom re water system improvements might be a good subject for POG III. My own system is almost 13 years old and will need upgrading when the first component fails. For now, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies. Fine for the bus, not so good for the Cessna. (Says he, whose been towed twice in the last year).

Merry Xmas all
Brian & Beverly
94Liberty XL

bill&jody
12-24-2006, 02:09 PM
i really like this idea! i nominate this for "the good idea award" recipient for '06.
(i was wonderin' what i could do next...:)

wmm