PDA

View Full Version : Beru TPMS sensor

sjhutch76
04-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Has anyone had one or more of their Beru tire sensors go out for a few minutes? It happened to two of the sensors, a handful of times in a full day's drive. It always ended up coming back on and reported pressure/temp as normal. I guess it could be a bad sensor, or a low battery, but it is a brand new bus.

dale farley
04-18-2013, 09:03 AM
Steve,

I haven't used the Beru sensors, but they have been around a long time and seem to be very reliable. There were some problems with erratic operation in 2012. As with most TPMS units, the batteries should be good for 5-6 years. According to your description of the problem, I would want to make sure there was not a bad ECU itself. Some users said they replaced the control unit and sensors before solving the problem.

Even though it does create a hassle for you, one thing you can count on is that Marathon/Prevost will make it right.

sjhutch76
04-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Dale, thanks for the reply. I will contact Marathon if the problem does not fix itself, and go from there.

dale farley
04-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Steve,

Let us know how this turns out. Good luck on getting a speedy and accurate fix.

billbunch47
04-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Steve, Jim McNulty is visiting with us for a couple days as they start north and talking with him today he was telling me of some of the items Prevost Jax had done to his coach. He is the proud owner of the first X3 Liberty and said one of the items serviced was the replacement of the wheel sensors on all wheels, he told me the battery was at something around 40% on a brand new 13 coach. You might want to visit Prevost Nashville and have this checked out it would be a coach issue not a house thing for Marathon. Good luck, Bill

dmatz
04-19-2013, 03:32 PM
StSteve this has been an issue I have been working with Prevo on since I bought this coach. The Barrie's have been replaced it made a huge difference did not fix completely, Jax is working on it now.

sjhutch76
04-19-2013, 03:45 PM
I will get a hold of Prevost and see if I can setup an appointment to change the sensors out. Thanks Bill and Doug for the info