PDA

View Full Version : 10 year old TracVision TV Satellite Systems

MWSHAWJR
04-17-2013, 08:35 PM
I have an '04 Vantare with an '03 TracVision in motion Sat and it sits right on the top of the front of the coach. Since I want to move the dome toward the rear of the coach since the place I spend most of the time has palm trees in the way, I wondered if I would benefit from upgrading my older unit or is it still ok? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.....Also if I upgrade, would in motion HD be economically feasible....Thanks, Mike Shaw

Gil_J
04-17-2013, 08:46 PM
Does it still work? Mine although operational can no longer be used on DirecTV. I know that your in motion system can't receive DirecTV HD channels. Unless you need in-motion I suggest you consider one of the fold down dishes. They are they only systems that receive all of the satillites for either DISH or DirecTV.

truxton
04-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Mike,

It all depends on how much you want to spend. I believe the newest thing out is what they call SWM for Direct TV. It allows you to run 1 coax off the antenna into a multiplex switch for your TV's inside in HD. Or the cheap route would be to get a old KVH dome and you can run Dish in motion in HD. You have to tell us more of what you have, HD TV's? I can get you a few numbers from some guys that can walk you thru it to make a decision.

Later
bv

Alek&Lucia
04-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Mike,

If it works, and you are happy with it, move it to the back, and run the extension cables on top of the bus.
Why waist the money for a new unit ?

Alek

Sid Tuls
04-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Bernie how the remodel coming along? I'm in Texas but haven't forgot about ya! Hope all is well

sid

garyde
04-17-2013, 10:40 PM
I've seen newer coaches with two. One in motion and one fold down type for HD. Depending on where you reciever is located, it may be easier to just buy a portable and hook it up when your parked by those pesky trees.

truxton
04-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Hey Sid,

Going up in 2 weeks, rub rails for the trailer were a problem. I don't wanna high jack the thread. Call me when you get back. I miss TX.
Be careful.

Later
bv

Jamie Bradford
04-18-2013, 10:04 AM
I recently used Will Newsom - Newsom Electronics - to fix my TracStar. His number is 352-274-4507. Will is located near Ocala,Fl but travels a pretty large area.

He has alot of parts for the older TracStar systems that they no longer support. I was very happy with his work.

Jamie