PDA

View Full Version : New England Experiences

Mikado5g
04-09-2013, 01:36 PM
We are new members to POG. Recently purchased an H3 and are considering traveling to New England this summer. After traveling to visit the grandchildren in Bismarck, North Dakota last summer and all the challenges finding facilities that could accommodate our coach,,,,wondering if anyone might have some good experiences related to the Northern New England areas they would be willing to share with us. We are not newbies to traveling with a Motorcoach, just new to this level and size.
Thanks in advance to any responders.
Paul & Gloria

dale farley
04-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Paul,

Welcome to the POG. You may want to try the Big Rig Directory. Many of the POG members use and like it. I've also used the Good Sam Directory for years, and they are usually dependable if it says the campground will accomodate 45' RVs. Good luck and safe travels. http://www.big-rigs-rv.com/

Mikado5g
04-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the response. We've used these resource pieces extensively and they are indeed helpful. Not always accurate, but helpful for sure. Do you have any favorite spots to stop up there?

Pete
04-09-2013, 03:39 PM
We visited New England about three years ago, and found poor RV parks during the five weeks we were there. Most were built years ago to handle mostly trailers in the 25 foot range, poor power and 50 amp is scarce, as well as poor or no internet.

The countryside is AWESOME during the color change in the fall, but most everything closes about the 1st of October, restaurants, RV parks ect, so plan accordingly.

We would go again, but would plan well in advance!

dmatz
04-09-2013, 08:44 PM
I haved stayed a few times in Twin Mountain NH at Twin Mountain motor court and RV park. Nice wide level sites, not much in amenities but very clean and fairly new. Also in Bar Barbour Maine is narrows two. Very nice campground. Normandy Farms in Foxboro Mass. Summer is great time for sure. Hope this helps.

Gil_J
04-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Paul and Gloria,

We travelled from FL to AK over a period of 6 months. There wasn't a single night we didn't find a campsite long enough and one we could get into. I have the Big Rigs Best Bets along with many other books. Sadly, Big Rigs was of little value to me as it appears to only list places the publishers visited. I tend to use rvparkreviews.com and the CG's web site to create a short list. Then I call the CGs I may stay at for a few days to see if they even know what a Prevost is. If we're just spending a night or two I call at lunch time the CGs that are enroute at our planned stopping time. Of course, this doesn't work in high demand areas. In our 6 month trip we made reservations at 4 places and only two really needed us to have reservations in advance.

BTW, we are almost neighbors. We're in Beverly Hills near Crystal River.