PDA

View Full Version : Private Coach

Jim Skiff
12-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Whose Private Coach with driver's side emblem?
Winner gets 2 POG Polo shirts!

First one to guess correctly, including coach owner, wins!

Just drop me an email.

Just Plain Jeff
12-22-2006, 05:26 PM
The problem with the PC signs is that you have to remember to put them on the correct side.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Brian E.............

BrianE
12-23-2006, 12:01 AM
A-1 doesn't miss much folks! Would like to ask Skiff what was the purpose of this drill? Doesn't everyone have a Private Coach placard where the toll booth guy can see it?

BrianE
94Liberty XL

Joe Cannarozzi
12-23-2006, 07:31 AM
It was the blue wash bucket that gave it away:D

Just Plain Jeff
12-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Many of the earlier conversions were supplied with an 'optional' PC label on them. When we got our Angola it didn't have one on it. Seems as if most coaches do now.

In New England all they count are the axles at the toll booth...occasionally someone will ask, "Is this a camper?" Always say yes.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-23-2006, 07:59 AM
We had an incident at the I95 toll booth in NH many years ago about the Private Coach plaques.

We had gotten overcharged several times prior, and learned to ask for the fee schedule from the various toll agencies. Returning from ME the toll booth gal asked for a fee that was what a commercial bus pays. We were not towing. I told her we were a motorhome, and despite the aluminum sign that said "Private Coach" at her eye level she insisted we were a bus.

We debated the issue back and forth for about a minute, at which time I pulled up the emergency brake and told her I was going to go sit in the living room until she decided how to handle the situation because she was wrong.

It did not take a very long converstion between her and her supervisor before she decided to charge me the motorhome rate. Traffic was backed up as far as I could see in my mirror.