PDA

View Full Version : Todays Tech Tip

Joe Camper
03-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Pulling long runs of wire. There are a bunch of projects on the camper that would require you probably going thru almost a full 50 ft spool.

Well you know what the end off the spoll looks like when its "fresh"

This is bad NO GOOD Mr. Bus Driver no good

If you have ever tried to pull 30 ft of 3 different wires thru a peehole from underneeth the spagetti can become too much even for us Italian guys

Joe Camper
03-22-2013, 11:43 PM
Here is vat ve do

Undo the entire spool take all wires you using and tie them off on 1 end put the other end in the drill and with tension on the run and then twist them up in Reverse. This is the ONLY way to do a long run and the finished product looks very nice.

If 50 ft you have to keep walking down and looking at the twists on the dead end to be sure you do not get carried away but it happens remarkably uniform from 1 end to the other. ALSO when you get to where you like it go back the other way with the chuck to let the jup out of it before you let it loose from the chuck.

Big thing here is something like this is WAY WAY easier to shove up some little stinking hole you can feel but not see than the alternative of trying to train them another way or spending an hour with a rool or 2 of black tape or agrivating the hell out of yourself with spagetti

I dont know what else to say

Doesnt that look nice how bout dat

dale farley
03-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Good tip Joe. I'll try this the next time I have to run multiple wires.