PDA

View Full Version : Train Horns

Ronald Hiemann
03-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Ever since I heard them, I wanted them. Now, I do have them. Attached is a photo of them mounted on top of the roof. I could email an 18 seconds video clip. To view it, turn up the volume really high, the sound is awesome! PM me.

Now, the big question is, how many tickets should I anticipate getting for blowing them? ... :-)

Jamie Bradford
03-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Hi Ron,

I would like to see the clip - can you post it here ?

Thanks

Jamie

garyde
03-20-2013, 09:44 PM
A friend of mine put train horns in his little ranger pick up truck with a tank of compressed air. It definately made people jump when he hit the switch.

Joe Camper
03-20-2013, 09:53 PM
The ABSOLUTE MOST FUN occures when you save them for the idiots that are going aroung the lowered RR gates.

Great fun to really scare the crap out of those types

Ronald Hiemann
03-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Hi Jamie,

here is a link to my Picasa web album containing a couple of more photos as well as the video clip.
https://picasaweb.google.com/100610912750152349603/TrainHorns?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKXs49_C1YDxfg&feat=directlink
I hope this works. Let me know.
Thanks,
Ronald

billbunch47
03-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Way to go Ronald I put a three horn Nathum unit behind the frt bumper of my XL at Coachworx back in Jan. Dave helped with the plumbing and they liked mine too. Rita won't let me play very often but some times the devil just makes me, have fun. Bill

dale farley
03-21-2013, 07:55 AM
I installed one in the bus Gil now has, and it worked great. It was in the lower driver compartment. I hope it is still working.

jbchevy3
04-01-2013, 06:59 PM
I love mine, I blow them occasionally just to keep my wife awake in the buddy seat.........she hates them!

Jerry

Dick in Wisconsin
04-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Ever since I heard them, I wanted them. Now, I do have them.

Five hours. Did you install a separate air tank? Or run them from an existing tank. How loud do they sound inside the coach?

I ride Amtrak between Milwaukee and downtown Chicago three or four times a money. We go across many highway/street RR crossings. Every time the train whistle blows I think about the train whistle I expect to have on my Prevost someday!

Ronald Hiemann
04-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Hello Dick, the 5/8th air line for the train horns is connected to the auxiliary air tank. The horns are on a separate switch. So they are in addition to the regular air horns. The train horns are LOUD but it is not bad inside the coach. And you would not blow them very frequently since they use a lot of air. I watched the gauge blowing the train horns twice for about 3 seconds each time, the air pressure dropped by around 30 PSI.