PDA

View Full Version : Complete Brake Buddy Unit

Just Plain Jeff
12-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Got a complete Brake Buddy outfit with breakaway, remote sensor, etc. Retail on the new ones is $1399. This puppy goes to the first buyer at $675. Contact prevostman@msn.com if you want it.

lewpopp
12-21-2006, 09:49 PM
How old is it. That makes a difference.

Lew

Jeff Bayley
12-22-2006, 12:36 AM
I finally got my trailer lights straight for this stacker I'm hauling from CA to FL. The guys that wired it up put a $200 Prodigy unit in for the breaks. I know nothing about the difference between features, quality of the breaking units but seeing one for $1,300 makes me give consideration of course to that fact that you must get what you pay for. The trailer has 4 wheel electric brakes and the controller is for 4 wheel. What sort of ground have I given up by getting a lower end unit ?

Joe Cannarozzi
12-22-2006, 06:56 AM
Jeff -That Brake Buddy JPJ is selling is not what you were needing. It is specificly for activating the brakes on a TOAD. You did fine and even if JPJs unit is OLD it is a good price as well.

Have a safe trip and a good ride. Hope to see you soon!

YO Lew, how old is old? Camoflage your stuff, we are heading your way!

Just Plain Jeff
12-22-2006, 08:12 AM
The Brake Buddy is a coupla years old. It is mechanically the same as the new one which has a red cover. For background, it is a unit which sits on the floor of the driver's seat of the toad. An air-activated arm presses against the brake pedal when needed.

Here's a link for more info: http://www.brakebuddy.com/index.shtml ("http://www.brakebuddy.com/index.shtml")

lewpopp
12-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Yoe Joe,

Everyone is heading this way, but they all afraid to stop at ORA because they don't know what to expect.

We are no where as bad as the "high posters" say we are. Stop by if you can.

Lew

Joe Cannarozzi
12-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Lew thank you very much for that offer. We have been waiting for that invite with great anticipation. We will for sure take you up on it too. It will be sometime durring the last week of Jan, probably. If you could land us a spot for a night or two that would be grand, let us know.

If that isint possable we would still like to stop and meet over lunch or dinner!

lewpopp
12-22-2006, 09:25 PM
I'll check on the last week in Jan to see if there is anything available. I would be surprised if there was much. If you knew exactly when you would be here, and something was available, I could lock it in.. Otherwise we may have to settle on lunch or such.

Lew

edsaylor
01-17-2009, 10:14 AM
The office told me last week that people can go to ORA's web site and print a coupon for three nights FREE. Come see Us!

Jon Wehrenberg
01-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Ed, We have and we will. Jan 28th arrival.

edsaylor
01-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Jon: Looking forward to seeing you!:)

rfoster
01-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Ed: Have coupon, Planning on arrival around 2/7 thru 2/9, Looking forward to seeing yall. How is Donna getting along?