PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone Great to be Back

Joe Camper
03-14-2013, 09:03 AM
After a few years in exile Jamie has been gracious enough to let me back into the asilum and I couldn't be more excited.

While Ive been gone I found another medium "canned ham" . Little bitty wood framed travel trailers from the 40s and 50s that have a side profile of a ham.

So true to form its not only the high end extreem but now it also includes the other end of the spectrum as well.

Great to be back.

dale farley
03-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Good to hear from you Joe. I look forward to hearing some of your exploits and your Prevost knowledge.

rahangman
03-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Dale, not just Joe's Prevost knowledge, but his entire range of experience(s).

Denny
03-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Welcome back Joe.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Welcome back Joe, good to have the master mechanic on board again.

JIM :)

garyde
03-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Hi Joe. Its good to hear from you. I took on a similar project for my wife. A 1962 Aristocrat which was on its last leg. Lise and I put it in working order last summer and fall. She uses it for overnight stays up in the Santa Ynez valley where her family has vinyards. Very basic but fun.

BrianE
03-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Welcome back Joe. It's really good to see that history doesn't need to last forever at POG. It will be a treat to have your input once more.

JIM KELLER
03-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Very well said, Brian.

Joe Camper
03-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Things change time heals most wounds.

Most or many of us are getting to the point where we have had our buses for close to a decade or more. Anyone who owns a prevo for that amount of time without becoming a way better tech cannot have a pulse.

I would suggest anybody hands on and owning one for this amout of time have grown mechanicly, tremendously, over that period of time. I view most of my friends with buses in that light. Its great aint it. What a braintrust we are all benefiting from with all our friend here because of this.

I thought I was a pretty good mechanic when I bought mine but boy was I wrong. These assortment of components that make up professionaly converted prevo motorhome have to be one of the the most complex assembly of parts and pieces anyone could imagine being put togeather as a camper.

As you are all aware they have the ability to confound and confuse even the best of techs and mechanics. Working on these complicated vehicles has so challenged me I know I have become a way way better tech and mechanic than I ever thought Id get to before owning it.

When I bought the bus first thoughts were WOW rock star status certianly didn't figure it would drive me to become the mechanic I have evolved into. Been a lot of fun along the way. I consider myself very lucky and greatful to own one and stumble across this group of knuckleheads, both.

Joe Camper
03-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Gary does your Shasta have The infamous "8 gallon holding tank" LOL Aint that somthin. Gotta have a poop sheet in the bathroom to keep track of solid waste deposits and be sure nothing backs up.

I love their simplicity it is a release for me to come home and play with them after doing bus stuff.

Ive got 5 of them now all at home in the side yard. A Shasta a Bonanza a Blazon a Scotty and a Trotwood.

How would you like to be the guy next door.

Pete
03-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Joe, great to see you posting once again! It is also interesting to see someone (you and Gary) bring back the old style camping trailers! Maybe I need one of those to put behind one of my old 50's cars. My latest project is a 1951 Ford F1 pickup which I have just completed and placed in a show two week-ends ago. Maybe I need to find on old trailer to start to work on....but I don' have any room left in my barn. I can just imagine the look on E.J.'s face if I came home with an old trailer! I would have to find one that has been redone on the inside because I would probably have to sleep in it!

Joe Camper
03-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Be careful you have already been bit I can tell.

garyde
03-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Aside from repairs and upgrades on my wife's Aristocrat, its the searching for old trailer parts and old insignias and such which is fun as well.
There's a small industry out there for original replacement parts for old 50's and 60's trailers.
If you see a Trailer rally in your area, go check it out. Its just amazing what people will accomplish in restoring these trailers from the early days
of RVing.
It takes me back to a time when I would travel as a kid with my parents RVing in their camper.

truxton
03-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Hello Joe Camper, nice to see Chicago represented. I was raised in Lyons. Gotta come up to the city in a few months for a memorial. If I have issues I'm gonna call you. Seems like you got it all going on.

Later
bv

Joe Camper
03-20-2013, 10:18 PM
My Moms madine name is Kragich you will be always welcome here

truxton
03-20-2013, 10:40 PM
As you are here my freind. Next thing you know we'll have to dig a hole in the ground and cook a pig and break out the Slivovitz for these folks.

Later
bv

jack14r
03-21-2013, 06:01 AM
Joe,Great to see you are back,you are right I do not want to be the guy next door.Let me know if you need more mirrors.

rahangman
03-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Wandering minds, want to know, Joe, where ya located now? South Chi was handy but the GPS gets me about anywhere.