PDA

View Full Version : FANTASTIC FAN MAINTENANCE

dale farley
03-13-2013, 08:44 AM
A reminder of a simple maintenance item that may save you frustration and money. I noticed that one of my Fantastic fans was slow to close when it started raining. The simple fix was to just gently wipe the sensor with a damp paper towel to remove the film that had built up on it. The pcitures shows the sensor in the closest corner.

A drop of water is supposed to hit the sensor and make contact between two of the prited circuits, causing the fan to close. A dirty sensor prevents the contacts closinig the circuit. Of course, the closure is also influenced by the direction the rain is falling. Cleaning the sensor may be somethinig you want to do as preventive maintenance to keep the fan operating as it should. Any time you have a problem with a Fantastic fan, give them a call, and you will get great customer service.

JIM KELLER
03-13-2013, 09:58 AM
The Fan-tastic fan company is great. Almost all of us have their fans on our Buses. Their customer service is second to none. They have representatives at the FMCA rallies. I wonder if they might have a representative in the Nashville area during our Rally.

rickdesilva
03-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Dale
Another item that I would add, is there is a plunger type switch at the base of the cover that will turn the fan on and off as the cover cycles up and down. Recently my fan seemed to be inoperable however once I lubricated the switch, the fan goes on and off normally.

JIM KELLER
03-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Rick, Is that Bus of yours at Marathon ? If so, let me know and I will go by and show them how to spend your money.

rickdesilva
03-13-2013, 04:33 PM
No, I fixed that myself....smartass

dale farley
03-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Rick, Good tip about the switch. I hope you didn't hurt Jim's feelings with that last comment!

JIM KELLER
03-14-2013, 07:07 AM
Dale, Rick knows I can take it because I also hand it out.