PDA

View Full Version : RESCUE TAPE FOR EMERGENCIES

dale farley
03-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Rescue Tape is something everyone should have in their bus. It is great for emergency repairs on all types applications. Can even seal high-pressure leaks when properly applied. See this link for description and video.

Emergency Radiator Hose Repair http://www.rescuetape.com/directions
• Water Hose & Pipe repair
• Boat Rigging
• Coating ends of Rope
• Home & Garden
• Corrosion Protection
• Electrical Insulation
• Weatherproofing Electrical Connections
• Wiring Harnesses
• Wire Bundles
• Sealing Electrical Connections
• Plumbing Repair
• Emergency O-Rings & Seals
• Sport & Tool Handles
• And much, much more

Gil_J
03-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Dale,

Isn't this the free gift that comes with renewing POG membership?

Denny
03-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Dale,
We were dry camping at Camp Walmart two years while visiting friends in southeast PA. It was a hot summer night, 90 plus degrees, and the generator stopped running around 2:00 am due to a coolant hose leaking. It was a Super Walmart and open 24 hours with an auto service center so I thought they might have a hose I could use. I was wrong - nothing.

I bought rescue tape several years prior due to a previous discussion on POG. I took the hose off, wrapped it in rescue tape and added coolant.. The generator started up and not a drop of coolant leaked out. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about the claims of rescue tape when I first read about it on POG but now I am a believer. I keep several rolls available to come to the rescue.

dale farley
03-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Gil, It comes with the 10-year membership renewal. Don't forget to ask me personally for the tape when you send in that 10-year payment.

Denny, I'm glad to hear it really worked. Hose leaks would seem to be the most likely use for the tape while on the road.

Dick in Wisconsin
03-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Dale,
We were dry camping at Camp Walmart two years while visiting friends in southeast PA. It was a hot summer night, 90 plus degrees, and the generator stopped running around 2:00 am due to a coolant hose leaking. It was a Super Walmart and open 24 hours with an auto service center so I thought they might have a hose I could use. I was wrong - nothing.

I bought rescue tape several years prior due to a previous discussion on POG. I took the hose off, wrapped it in rescue tape and added coolant.. The generator started up and not a drop of coolant leaked out. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about the claims of rescue tape when I first read about it on POG but now I am a believer. I keep several rolls available to come to the rescue.

Is it still holding strong?

Denny
03-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Is it still holding strong?

I bought the correct hose and replaced it a week later.

dale farley
03-08-2013, 11:06 PM
If it held for a week, it definitely did it's job.