PDA

View Full Version : What's new new format

Coloradobus
03-03-2013, 10:16 AM
What was the rationale/ idea to change the "what's new" format. It was easily scannable to see what's new. Fwiw, I don't care for how it comes up on my iPhone now.

dale farley
03-03-2013, 11:40 AM
The rationale was to make it easier to keep up with recent posts and easier to maneuver around the site. Sometime we have different rationales, but our intent was definitely not to make it more difficult for anyone in any way. Can you be specific as to what you don't like about ths new format?

Gary Carmichael
03-03-2013, 12:05 PM
I personally liked the old format better too!

dale farley
03-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Gary, Can you identify what you are missing with this format? Knowing that we are never going to satisfy 100%, our goal is to make the site as userfriendly for as many as we possibly can.

Denny
03-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Dale,
I too liked the old format better. Extra steps involved to get to the new posts and the selection button on "New Post" is much smaller.

Jamie Bradford
03-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi Guys,

You have the choice to view the "What's New" by the Activity Stream ( new way) or New Posts ( old way ) - it is your choice , simply click on which way you would like to view it.

10780 Click on these pics to enlarge them

If you choose to view by activity stream you have some parameters you can also use:

10781 If you click on the "Thread" or the "Category" within the post it takes you right to the thread or category

I looked at this on my IPhone and it looked the same as it used to? Jim please send what you are seeing so I can look into it:

Charles Spera
03-03-2013, 04:43 PM
I didnt think it was broken, why did it need fixing?

Don
03-03-2013, 07:56 PM
I am haveing A problem with all POG pages, Slow to come up, Reply same problem. not complaining just informing & trying to help

garyde
03-03-2013, 10:14 PM
i missed the announcement. Did we make a change last week? It would be great to get some more information about the changes.
I don't mind changes, its a matter of getting used to them. So whats the benefit.

Coloradobus
03-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Dale. The what's new button is too close to the Prevost owners group banner having a fat finger sometimes I have to try 3 or 4 tries to get what's new. The old format showed like the regular forum with title and who started and posted. You have to navigate thru to the same end. Old format you tap what's new and there it was. Please don't over engineer the forum. It's not necessary believe in keep it simple. . Personally. I don't care for my iPhone. But it is what it is

Gil_J
03-04-2013, 10:50 AM
I don't mind additions to the site. I just wonder why the bookmark that used to take me to new posts now takes me to the activity screen. I know change typically will grow on me, but I too prefer the new posts screen.

dale farley
03-04-2013, 01:38 PM
I understand what you are saying Gil, and I know I don't need to explain to you how to remedy it, but I can say this was a function of the system update, not something I did. I too, had to resave one of my bookmarks. New Posts and Today's Posts are my most used menu items.

Seabyrd
03-05-2013, 12:38 AM
I like the way it was much better... the new appears messy and confusing to me !! Maybe I don't know what I am doing but after clicking on the "What's New" button it's not as nice as it was...
i missed the announcement. Did we make a change last week? It would be great to get some more information about the changes.
I don't mind changes, its a matter of getting used to them. So whats the benefit.

dale farley
03-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Larry,

The way it was opening up when you first clicked "What's New" was not a change we had made, but it did seem to be frustrating you and others. We have made some modifications in the last couple hours to put that part back like it was, so hopefully everyone will feel more comfortable with the latest changes.

Seabyrd
03-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Ahhhh... yes much better... Thanks

dale farley
03-06-2013, 08:00 AM
That's what we like to hear. Hope others feel the same way.

Gary Carmichael
03-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Yes Dale, Thanks That is much better. Gary

dale farley
03-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Our goal is to PLEASE, but it sometimes takes us a while to get there.