PDA

View Full Version : Marker lights

lewpopp
01-02-2006, 05:23 PM
This has nothing to do with gizmos or real electronis thingies so don't get excited.

I was informed by, what I consider a reliable source, that I can replace my 24v marker and turn lights with 12v LED fixtures and I will have no trouble.

I want to get it from the "HORSES MOUTH" whomever it might be. Thanks

ken&ellen
01-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Lew, I understand that the markers are available in 24Volt as well as 12Volt. I believe MangoMIke has first hand experience with that conversion.
Ken

lewpopp
01-03-2006, 09:23 AM
K & E

Yes the 24v are available, but they are much, much more expensive the last time I looked into it.

Should call International Bus Parts, but I am putting in a mini-protest because they cannot publish a catalog. Even a sheet of paper with the info on different items. I know "I am biting off my nose to spite my face", but this protest won't last long.:D

rrr39
01-09-2006, 10:47 PM
And getting back to electronic gizmos, I want to set up the Verizon wireless Internet service that I have read about on the other board.

Not being an electronic (just learned to spell it)wizard, I need all the help I can get with this.

Would any one care to give me instructions as to what I need, and where to get it.

Jeffery Raymond
01-10-2006, 06:53 AM
Here's what you need: A laptop computer, credit card or cash and a trip to your local Verizon store.

They will sell you a 'card' that slides into your computer and fiddle with it for a bit.

You will then have about 300Kbps internet access through the Verizon cell phone system anywhere in the US that Verizon has service.

You will get a bill for about $150 for the card and fiddling around and, depending on whether you are an existing Verizon customer or not, about $50/month for unlimited internet access.

Not too complicated and the system actuall works! It may not be long before the huge dishes on the top of coaches are gone...and you save about $5K in the process.

The disadvantages to this configuration are two: First, you will need to have Verizon service where you are (usually not that big of a deal unless you are really in the boonies) and the service is slower than DSL or other fast computing speeds you may be used to.

The advantage is that you won't be like one of those guys in Maine or Georgia with a 12 foot satellite dish for sale along the road.

Kevin Erion
01-10-2006, 06:54 AM
I went to my local Verizon store and walked out with the device to slide into the side of my lap top. I to am a little behind on the computer world so I had a fellow employee load the software and away I went.
It truly is that easy,
Kevin

rrr39
01-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Even I should be able to find my local Verizon store. I think I will at least give it a try.

Our primary residence is way out in the country, near Hattiesburg Mississippi, (no reception) and on most weekends we take the Prevost to Waveland Mississippi,where our beach front home, pre Katrina was.

There was good cell phone reception there before Katrina, but the service is some what weak now, because of the number of towers that are still down.

I think I will go ahead and get the service and hope for the best

Thanks a lot for your help and advice.

pognumber26
01-29-2006, 06:41 AM
A word of caution...I have this service for my Mac and love it...Have only not had reception once...In an isolated area of west Texas...DEFINATELY bring your computer to the store and have the card activated THERE and make sure it is working properly!!! I bought the card over Xmas as a present for my sweetheart and was told that the card was activated at the warehouse before shipping...Somewhere after the TENTH time of reloading the software,I realized the problem was an INACTIVE card...Because it was Xmas night had to wait to activate...My experience with the Verizon stores is they are coached to tell you what you want to hear...Believe only what you see with your own eyes!