PDA

View Full Version : Pelican Lake Get Together

Jamie Bradford
02-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Here are some pictures from the Pelican Lake Get Together

garyde
02-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Whats the temp this time of year. Looks like summertime.

rfoster
02-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Looks like great weather and big, big fun. I know of at least 3 CC owners in that group and one new Marathon owner. Plus one Montego guy.

Pete
02-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Roger, they were probably fixing stuff without our input!

rickdesilva
02-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Miles had a waiting list of orphaned Country Coach owners in Pelican to talk to him. The only time I have ever seen something like this was when I was at the Vatican. The two most asked questions for 3 days were......."Are your Miles?" or "Where's Miles?" or "I just want to meet him!" If one more person knocks on my door and asks me if I know where Miles is I think I'm going to puke. Quite frankly it was a little nausiating, if he stays one more day it was my intention to make my golf cart into a small Popemobile and put him on a chair and parade him around Pelican Lake.

dale farley
02-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Rick, Make sure you install a large contribution container on the cart, and you might come out ahead. Of course, I too have been on the receiving end of Miles vast knowledge, so I know just how important he really is to the CC owners. Its sad that all the other conversion owners don't have such a resource.

rfoster
02-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Rick: That's funny. The Pope Quit today. How about Miles?

rickdesilva
02-28-2013, 10:53 PM
My understanding is that he's considering it since he found out that you don't have to first become a Bishop before can become Pope. Keller was his bodyguard while he was in Pelican.

Repoer
02-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Were is Pelican Lake?

merle&louise
03-01-2013, 09:00 AM
It is in Naples, FL. We were guests of the DiSilva's this past January. Their site is right on the lake; absolutely beautiful. Pelican Lakes is the nicest RV resort I have ever seen - #1.

If you are ever in the Naples area consider staying there - if there are any vacancies.

Bill Dator
03-01-2013, 07:18 PM
We are on the way home from Pelican in our new (to us) 03 CC. Previously well cared for by my friend Roger. We are no longer the Bluebird people, we are now legitimate POG members (sorry John). A great big THANK YOU to Jim Keller and Miles for spending 2 days helping me learn the intricacies of a Country Coach. My good friend Rick was there to help also. As I was writing this Jim and Miles called to check on us and give some good advise on tire pressure which I will do first thing in the morning. They want me to put the slides out but I am not comfortable that we are level enough to do so. Linda says it is more cozy this way.

JIM KELLER
03-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Bill, Per Miles, slides go out before you are level so unlevel sites are not a big deal. Miles and I are proud of you for everything you learned in two days. You have a great Bus that was well cared for by the previous owner. Everything is in great condition and we wish you a safe journey home. Keep us updated.

Bill Dator
03-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Well we compromised and the bedroom slide is out. If it doesn't come in in the morning Linda will stand out on Rt 95 and flag down Miles.