PDA

View Full Version : We are Off to Florida

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Peg and I are heading out from Sugar Land, Tx for Florida come this Saturday. Atlanta for Xmas and then heading South.

During these two weeks we are making 7 stops along the way. Marathon, Parliament, Liberty, Millenium, Featherlite, and Florida Luxury Coaches.

Did I miss any convertors or dealers we should see? :confused:

I appreciate any and all information you care to share.

We are staying 4 days in the Keys @ Boyds Campground from Thursday after Xmas to New Years Day.

I have hooked up our Broadband Wireless Internet for the travel, so I should be able to check in on you guys from time to time, even during our travels.

I am hooked now, can't go without checking in daily.:eek:

Happy Holidays

Gary

Joe Cannarozzi
12-20-2006, 01:09 AM
Boyds, thats right in Key West isint it? Was it hard to get that spot on those dates?

Just Plain Jeff
12-20-2006, 07:00 AM
Peg and I are heading out from Sugar Land, Tx for Florida come this Saturday. Atlanta for Xmas and then heading South.

During these two weeks we are making 7 stops along the way. Marathon, Parliament, Liberty, Millenium, Featherlite, and Florida Luxury Coaches.

Did I miss any convertors or dealers we should see? :confused:

I appreciate any and all information you care to share.

We are staying 4 days in the Keys @ Boyds Campground from Thursday after Xmas to New Years Day.

I have hooked up our Broadband Wireless Internet for the travel, so I should be able to check in on you guys from time to time, even during our travels.

I am hooked now, can't go without checking in daily.:eek:

Happy Holidays

Gary

Yesterday I saw a 99 CC XLV at Ken Robertson's just off I-4 in Lakeland. It was a custom job for a guy who lives in France and owns a bunch of vineyards there. He wanted it as a camper to use in the US with his grandkids. Here's a link: http://www.kenrobertsonrv.com/inventory.html ("http://www.kenrobertsonrv.com/inventory.html")

The pictures don't do it justice. If you like gray, you just found the coach you have always wanted. It has about 42,000 miles, the CC PlayStation dash; no rope lights or mirrors at all. (French). They were asking 329, now down to 299 and will take a tad less to be sure. It will need new tires ($5K) so that might be a haggling point as would be the PDI (likely needs new batteries as well). I'm not pitching the coach, but it is so different, it deserves a look-see.

The downside is that when the PlayStation works, anybody can see the dash. When it doesn't, yer gonna fly blind.

My 2 cents and you can keep the change.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Boyds, thats right in Key West isint it? Was it hard to get that spot on those dates?

You are correct, Joe,.Boyds is in Key West about 1 mile from the downtown area. We have not been there yet, but it looks like a very nice place to stay in the Keys, so we got reservations for 4 days, thru to New Years Day. :)

We started booking this trip in June, and from what they tell me all the campgrounds around there are booked up sometimes a year in advance. I think they are completely full now, but if you are interested, just call them to check availability. We also considered the KOA which is lots closer to the mainland, but wanted to be closer to the main area.

http://www.boydscampground.com/index.htm

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks Jeff for the heads up on the 99 CC in Lakeland.

I have seen ( not in person ) but on the net, this coach. Not enough color according to my wife. She likes the bright colors and since we are talking Prevost, it has to STAND UP AND SAY PREVOST PROUD, know what I mean?

Now if I could find a Millenium painted like "STINGS" new rig in that price range, look out !

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Jeff I forgot to ask you, are the CC Digital Dash's really a big problem?

I really like the thought of the Digital Dash, but wondered if it had LOTS of problems?

Gary

Just Plain Jeff
12-20-2006, 10:18 AM
I don't know if there have been a lot of problems, but if you are the one who has the problem it is a big deal. The screen runs off MS-DOS and without a keyboard to keep it going....it is a proprietary CC MOD to the shell, so if you are in, say, Butte, Montana, and running at night, you'd have no idea of what is going on in your coach (Bad). Lew could help reprogram it if you had troubles, though.

My thought about the coach is that a guy could spark it up with stuff on the inside using the gray as a background. Check with JDUB on that. He is the interior decorating kind of guy on POG.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Ray Davis needs to chime in here and talk about the factory support he has gotten from CC.

Ray Davis
12-20-2006, 01:23 PM
It's hard to comment on their actual service. I tried to get my coach in for some needed work, and I was given a date 4 months out. They were quite generous with the time (on the phone) of a tech who sincerely tried to help, but trouble shooting problems remotely is difficult at best.

Not being able to get in for 4-6 months is my biggest complaint.

ON the flip side, Ken recently visited up there for service, and I believe he indicated things went very well. The important thing is he was able to get an appointment!! :rolleyes:

Toy Box
12-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Gary and Peggy; as mentioned previously, if you need a spot in Lauderdale for a few days in the new year, I have full hook ups in down town area. No charge to most of the poggers! We especially like bikers, boaters and plane folks.

merle&louise
12-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Gary & Peggy:

I envy you two. It was last November when Karen and I drove down to Ken Robertson's to look at coaches. We also drove to Stuart to look at Libertys. Stuart was a neat little town; we loved south Florida. I'll bet the keys are really nice at this time of year.

Well, good luck. Hope you find the "one" coach that will make your dreams come true. Looking and talking and thinking is almost as much fun as buying. But not quite!:eek:

Have fun.

bill&jody
12-20-2006, 09:40 PM
i can't believe someone hasn't commented on
> it has to STAND UP AND SAY PREVOST PROUD

am i on the wrong site??? :-)

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-20-2006, 11:17 PM
i can't believe someone hasn't commented on
> it has to STAND UP AND SAY PREVOST PROUD

am i on the wrong site??? :-)

And where is your mind ???? :rolleyes:

Move over, so mine can float on by!

Gary

garyde
12-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Gary , Good luck on your adventure, and when you get to Liberty say Hi to the folks , especially Robin, for me. Even if you do not want to buy a 2007 ,make sure they show you one of them. Gary

win42
12-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Were heading South tomorrow ourselves. We'll stop at the kids in the Bay Area for Christmas and then on to Tucson for an extended stay. We signed up for POG3 tonight and can't wait to rub elbows with the crazy's again.
Have a very Merry Christmas and say a prayer for the troops.
Harry & Shirley

Ray Davis
12-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Harry,

If you need a place to plug in for the evening coming down from San Fran let me know. We got 50A hookup, and you can park in front for one night. We're 450 miles south of SF, so a good 8 hours day drive.