PDA

View Full Version : trading H for XL

Sticks
02-21-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm tempting myself on trading our three year older H series for a newer XL coach by same conversion company. Am I giving up too much storage space and fuel,storage tank capacities to justify a newer coach with more desirable ( for us anyway) interior? What is acceptable yearly depreciation after the first 3-4 years? Older coach has less than 82,000 miles so obviously a lot of life left.

rahangman
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
While we have an older XL coach, I would find it hard to trade up to an H, you will have to decide what you need vs what you want. Interior changes can be done in either with a lot less $$$ than a trade when considering loss of value. The right converter or venue to change your interior will be , in my estimation, a lot less $$$ than a complete change in coach which of course includes a mountain of research then making sure it is in the same condition that you know your current coach is. Just my thought.

Kenneth Brewer
02-21-2013, 03:38 PM
While we have an older XL coach, I would find it hard to trade up to an H, you will have to decide what you need vs what you want. Interior changes can be done in either with a lot less $$$ than a trade when considering loss of value. The right converter or venue to change your interior will be , in my estimation, a lot less $$$ than a complete change in coach which of course includes a mountain of research then making sure it is in the same condition that you know your current coach is. Just my thought.

What he said.

Alek&Lucia
02-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Hello Bob and Sandy,

We seem to be in your shoes as well, having had 2 XL's B-4, for the last 5-6 years we have a H3-45, and since I can not convince my wife to drive it, we are also thinking of replacing it, or trading it for something smaller, that Lucia will feel at ease driving. We would rather stay with XL that XLII, but this is a personal preference.

Alek

Gary Carmichael
02-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Sticks your Liberty is the same year as mine why would you want to go to an XLII, and have to go thru all the delimitation checks, and then it still might come home to bite you after it checked out . I feel they have had a lot less problems with delamination on the H's. Just my thoughts Gary

phorner
02-21-2013, 07:17 PM
In my opinion, a very late XL is the best combination of classic bus styling and nearly bullet proof dependability.

And, you can't go wrong with a Liberty conversion....:D

jack14r
02-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Sticks,I see your point,I love something new,something that I can make mine as far as storage in the bays,the H wins hands down but nothing looks like an XLII.