PDA

View Full Version : POG XII Nashville , Tennessee September 30 - October 4 , 2013

Jamie Bradford
02-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Please Click this link for Rally Info :

http://www.prevost-stuff.com/PogXII_Intro_Sheet.html

Don
02-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Don and Rosemary Signed up for another good time with all of you.

Gary Carmichael
02-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Jamie, I just faxed you our sign up sheet for POG X11, looking forward to meeting everyone at last, I am assuming that Miss Mattie will have gone to the Rainbow Bridge by then, I am baby sitting the old girl while miss Megan is in florida at our site in Riverbend checking on the pavers that have been installed. Gary

Jamie Bradford
03-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi Jim,

I will put you on the list.

I will be in touch........Great that you & Karen will be able to be join us!

JIM KELLER
03-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks, Thanks. [ It said my message was to short. Needed at least 10 characters }

Danss
03-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Jamie, sign Dan & Jo up. Thanks

Pete
03-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Sign us up as well Pete & E.J

Bill Dator
03-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Please sign us up for Nashville. Will fax form when we get home. Thanks

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
03-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Please sign us up, also. FAMILY REUNION, YEA!!!!
Sandy & Ed

jonnie
03-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Jamie,
Please sign up Nancy and John

Thanks

John

Jamie Bradford
04-04-2013, 09:04 AM
POG XII Rally Update

Debbie & Caesar & I spent a few days in Nashville last week making arrangements for the upcoming rally . The Fairgrounds is about 5 minutes from Downtown Nashville & will work well for this rally.

Here is a snapshot of the plans :

Monday - Arrival POG Bar B Q

Tuesday - Outing to the Fontanel - Lunch and tour at the Country Music Hall Of Fame Downtown - Theme? Dinner at the Fairgrounds

Wednesday - Guys to Prevost Facility for seminars & lunch - Gals craft session then lunch at Opry Mills Mall - Dinner at the Fairgounds

Thursday - Seminar/free time/etc til about 4:30 or so then we will be taken Downtown for dinner and a show at the Ryman Auditorium

This will be fined tuned as we get closer. As always , we will have time to visit show coaches and just hang out.

Please remember we have only 45 full hook up 50 amp sites - first come basis - there will be additional 30 amp full hook up sites available.

Here is a list of who has signed up :

<!--StartFragment--> <colgroup><col width="325"> </colgroup><tbody>

Beird Jerry & Judy

Bradford Jamie & Debbie

Brockman Ed & Sandy

Carmichael Gary & Megan

Chiasson Geralrd & Charlotte

Circo Miles & Laura

Cowart Wayne & Peggy

Curtis Don & Rosemary

Dator Bill & Linda

Farley Dale & Paulette

Hawkins John & Karen

Heirs Jimmy & Patsy

Hunt Harvey & Mary Ellen

Keller Jim & Karen

Knollmaier John & Nancy

Nelson Larry & Sue

Oppel Ray & Susan

Petree Pete & EJ

Smith Dan & Jo

Thibodeaux Joe & Carmen

Thomas Bob & Sandi

Vanklompenberg Randy & Betty

Vogel Wayne & Karen

Yancy Joyce & Rex

Young Dan & Janet

Zittrer Ken & Janet

<!--EndFragment--></tbody>

coreygrubb
04-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Jamie, please sign up George & Corey. Thank you.

Gil_J
04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Jamie,

we're 80% sure we'll be there.

Jamie Bradford
06-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Rally Update

Hello Everyone ,

The Nashville Rally is shaping up well and will be a FUN EVENT!!

All of the 50 amp spots for the Nashville Rally have been reserved. We do have about 25 - 30 30 amp spots left. I no not think Nashville in early October will be an issue as far as having to run several A/Cs so the 30 amp sites should be ok for most people.

Here is a list of those who have signed up thus far :

<!--StartFragment--> <colgroup><col width="325"> </colgroup><tbody>
Angelle Warner & Earline

Beaird Jerry & Judy

Bennett Steve & Rhonda

Bergerman Ron & Linda

Bradford Jamie & Debbie

Brockman Ed & Sandy

Bunch Bill & Rite Creel

Carmichael Gary & Megan

Circo Miles & Laura

Cowart Wayne & Peggy

Curtis Don & Rosemary

Dator Bill & Linda

Davis Ray & Kathy

Desilva Rick & Wendy

Duhamel Vic & Ann

Farley Dale & Paulette

Ferree Ed & Gayle

Fix Patrick & Sherry

Foster Roger & Micki

Grubb Corey & George Prentice

Gutman Tom & Deb

Hawkins John & Karen

Heirs Jimmy & Patsy

Hunt Harvey & Mary Ellen

Johnson Gil & Durlene

Keller Jim & Karen

Knollmaier John & Nancy

Lloyd Fred &

Milam Joe & Tina

Nelson Larry & Sue

Olson Grant & Leslie

Oppel Ray & Susan

Petree Pete & EJ

Simmons Mike & Jean

Smith Dan & Jo

Stolfo Doug

Thibodeaux Joe & Carmen

Thomas Bob & Sandi

Truitt Clay & April

Vogel Wayne & Karen

Vujicic Bernie & Deborah

Yancy Joyce & Rex

Young Dan & Janet

Zittrer Ken & Janet

Coloradobus
06-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Jamie, add us to the list. We may have Chris' mom with us but she hasn't committed at this time. She says she's too busy to leave

merle&louise
06-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Jamie,

Please sign Louise and I up for the rally; no coach we will be staying in a motel near-by.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Joe Camper
06-03-2013, 11:09 PM
That's 50 campers. Ya ought to get a permit to parade them thru town.

dale farley
07-02-2013, 04:18 PM
We are in the process of finalizing the agenda for the Nashville Rally and will be putting out more information in the next few days. We will also start the payment process very soon.

In addition to all the fun and entertaining things that are planned, we want to have a couple technical seminars on Thursday morning. Of course, most of us guys consider the technical aspects about as much fun as one can have! I am looking for suggestions for potential topics and suggestions of who might be qualified/willing to present those topics. Your input is welcomed/encouraged. Thanks, Dale

Pete
07-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Just sent in payment via Pay Pal. Looking forward to seeing everyone who has signed up. Sounds like another GREAT RALLY! We are still talking about the Las Vegas rally and how well planned it was.

Anyone interested in joining up in a group along the route from Texas to Nashville, and let's get the party started early! Let's start making plans!

BenC
07-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Rick May and myself are also planning on attending the Nashville Rally, so any assistance in tech seminars you would like, let me know. Thanks!
We look forward to seeing all that can attend.

JIM KELLER
07-04-2013, 01:10 PM
GREAT NEWS, Ben !

dale farley
07-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Looking forward to Rick and Ben presenting some topics. Coordinating with them offline.

rfoster
07-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Glad to hear Ben and Rick are going to be in Nashville. Great folks!! They know their stuff!

pwf252
07-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Pete,
what route are you taking?

Pete
07-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Patrick & Sherry, I really haven't given it much thought, but will probably go thru Dallas (Coppell) so could connect with you in the Dallas area. It looks like a 2 day trip so we are open to any suggestions. Maybe we could join up with others at an overnight in Dallas, Little Rock, or Memphis or some where along that route to Nashville. Would like to get to Nashville in the early afternoon the day the rally begins.
Open to any suggestions.
Pete & E.J

pwf252
07-07-2013, 08:56 PM
.Pete,
Lets talk when we get closer to the date. Nashville is about 10 hours from Dallas so either we leave the day before and make it two easy days or we leave early the day we want to get there and arrive late afternoon. Wont make any difference to me we 've done alot of 12 - 16 hour days. If you decide to come up 59 instead of 45 we would meet you in Texarkana.
Hope everything is well with you and EJ.
If you come to Dallas between now and then give us a call we would love to go to dinner.

Patrick & Sherry

Pete
07-08-2013, 01:42 AM
Sounds like a deal. I would prefer to take two days for the trip. We have made those long days as well, but prefer not to unless it is an emergency.
Will call next time we are in Dallas to do dinner.

Gil_J
07-09-2013, 10:02 AM
If any Florida coaches want to start their country music rally early there's a 3 day concert in Panama City Sep 26-28. Check out Pespi's Gulf Coast Jam if interested. We will be staying at the Panama City Beach RV Resort the 25-29th.

M#1003
07-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Jamie, Just emailed our sign up sheet.

Pete
07-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Peg & Larry....great to see that you will be attending the Nashville Rally, looking forward to meeting you guys. We always have a great time at the POG rallies, and I'll bet this one in Nashville will be another awesome one.
I think a lot of neat things are planned

Jamie Bradford
07-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Rally Update 7/23/13

As of now we have filled up all of the available 50 Amp spots. We do have 30 amp spots available but I need to know pretty soon if you are interested.

Here is a list of those signed up - if you have not yet paid please do so - If you are unable to join us please let me know - I have a waiting list for 50 amp spots.

Thanks - see you in Nashville..........

Jamie

<!--StartFragment--> <colgroup><col width="299"> </colgroup><tbody>
Beaird Jerry & Judy

Bennett Steve & Rhonda

Bergerman Ron & Linda

Bradford Jamie & Debbie

Brockman Ed & Sandy Harris

Bunch Bill & Rite Creel

Carmichael Gary & Megan

Circo Miles & Laura

Cowart Wayne & Peggy

Cumming Ben

Curtis Don & Rosemary

Dator Bill & Linda

Desilva Rick & Wendy

Duhamel Vic & Ann

Engsberg Towson

Farley Dale & Paulette

Ferree Ed & Gayle

Fix Patrick & Sherry

Foster Roger & Micki

Gaidry Tuga & Karen

Grubb Coery & George Prentice

Gutman Tom & Deb

Hawkins John & Karen

Heirs Jimmy & Patsy

Hunt Harvey & Mary Ellen

Johnson Gil & Durlene

Keller Jim & Karen

Lane Jim & Hildebrand Chris

Lloyd Fred &

Lynch Mike

May Rick & Pam

Milam Joe & Tina

Miller Clay & April Truitt

Nelson Larry & Sue

Nowe Neil & Deena Whipp

Oppel Ray & Susan

Petree Pete & EJ

Savageau David & Kayrl

Simmons Mike & Jean

Smith Dan & Jo

Stewart Al & Billie

Stolfo Doug

Thibodeaux Joe & Carmen

Thomas Bob & Sandi

Vogel Wayne & Karen

Vujicic Bernie & Deborah

Yancy Joyce & Rex

Young Dan & Janet

Zittrer Ken & Janet

dale farley
07-24-2013, 09:47 AM
What a great line up of attendees! Shaping up to be one of the largest POG rallies ever. Interestingly large-intimately small. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Coloradobus
07-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Jamie, Sorry to have to say this, we will give up our 50 amp slot.

Jamie Bradford
07-31-2013, 01:16 PM
Rally Update -

We have 2 ( possibly 3 ) 50 amp spots that have opened up for the Nashville Rally.

If you are interested please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

Jamie

coreygrubb
08-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Is anyone planning to stay after POG and then go to the rally at Shelbyville on the 9th?

billbunch47
08-09-2013, 10:34 PM
OK I'll bite, what rally in Shelbyville do have some time to kill after Nashville. Bill

coreygrubb
08-10-2013, 12:01 AM
Bill, it's the Great American Bus Rally Oct 9-12. The owner says it's kinda turning into a Prevost rally.

Gil_J
08-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Here's their link: http://www.thegreatamericanbusrally.com/

billbunch47
08-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the link, Gil. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun will see if I can talk Riya into doing it. Bill

coreygrubb
08-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Jamie, How early can one get to the site for the POG rally?

flloyd
08-20-2013, 01:03 PM
When will we get a detailed calendar and schedule of events?

Jamie Bradford
08-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Rally Update 8/20/2013

All is progressing well for POG XII in Nashville. We are basically full.

If you plan on arriving early PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP ( preferably by email - prevostlife@gmail.com ) so I can make the proper arrangements. There should be plenty of room for early arrivals - I plan on getting there September 24 ( Tuesday ).

Here is some information concerning the rally :

If using GPS please use this address - 300 Rains Avenue Nashville , TN 37203 - Easiest access is off of I-65 at Wedgewood Ave a few miles SOUTH of Downtown

50's Night - Wednesday Night will be a 50's dinner/dance - Feel free to dress up in 50's garb - we will be.

Transportation will be provided Tuesday to the Fontanel & Country Music Hall of Fame and Thursday evening to the Opry

Guys going to Prevost Wednesday will need to car pool

All hook-ups will be BEHIND your coach - please plan accordingly

It will be easier to put people who wish to be next to each other together if they are able to arrive at the same time. If this is not possible please let me know & I will try to take care of you.

I have included a list of attendees and a tentative schedule.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me - Debbie & I are looking forward to seeing everyone in Music City...........

Jamie

POG XII - Nashville

<tbody>
Beaird Jerry & Judy
Eufaula
OK

Bennett Steve & Rhonda
Costa Mesa
CA

Berg Tim & Helen
East Peoria
IL

Bergeron Ron & Linda
Council Bluffs
IA

Blythe Brandon & Kalee
Rockwall
TX

Bradford Jamie & Debbie
Astatula
FL

Brockman Ed & Sandy Harris
Key West
FL

Bunch Bill & Rita Creel
Columbia
SC

Byrd Larry & Diane
Lufkin
TX

Circo Miles & Laura
Wittman
MD

Cowart Wayne & Peggy
Oklahoma City
OK

Cumming Ben
Clearwater
FL

Curtis Don & Rosemary
Manchester
MD

Dator Bill & Linda
Mahwah
NJ

Desilva Rick & Wendy
Mahwah
NJ

Esnes Gene & Lauren
Boca Raton
FL

Farley Dale & Paulette
Molino
FL

Ferree Ed & Gayle
Saxonburg
PA

Fix Patrick & Sherry
Dallas
TX

Foster Roger & Micki
Blountville
TN

Gaidry Tuga & Karen
Houma
LA

Garuti Larry & Peg
St. Petersberg
FL

Gibson Mike
Nashville
TN

Grubb Corey & George Prentice
Bradenton
FL

Gutman Tom & Deb
Tulsa
OK

Hawkins John & Karen
Chattanooga
TN

Heirs Jimmy & Patsy
Vancleave
MS

Hunt Harvey & Mary Ellen
Woodstock
Ontario

Johnson Bobby & Grace
Birmingham
AL

Johnson Gil & Durlene
Beverly Hills
FL

Keller Jim & Karen
Brooksville
FL

Lambrecht Bill & Marlyn
Chickasha
OK

Lansing Yates
Polk City
FL

Lloyd Fred &
Scottsdale
AZ

Lynch Mike
Clearwater
FL

May Rick & Pam
Clearwater
FL

Meurer Bob & Carole
Chippewa Falls
WI

Miller Clay & April Truitt
Nicholasville
KY

Moseley Tony
Nashville
TN

Nowe Neal & Deana Whipp
Venice
FL

Petree Pete & EJ
Sealy
TX

Savageau David & Karyl
Washington
DC

Simmons Mike & Jean
Laguna Hills
CA

Smith Dan & Jo
Diamondhead
MS

Stewart Al & Billie
Midland
GA

Stolfo Doug & Rachel Kelly
Sanford
FL

Thibodeaux Joe & Carmen
New Iberia
LA

Thomas Bob & Sandi
Polk City
FL

Holland
MI

Vogel Wayne & Karen
Fremont
MI

Vujicic Bernie & Deborah
La Quinta
CA

Wall Dave
Stuart
FL

Zittrer Ken & Janet
Lake Forest
CA

</tbody>

JIM KELLER
09-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Jamie, A couple of questions. I'm thinking everyone will need a min 25 ft. of dump hose and electric. Does this sound about right to you ? Also, what is a Down South Dinner ?

Jamie Bradford
09-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi Jim,

The hook-ups are behind the bus - when we were there in April I needed to put 2 hoses together in order to dump - so 25 ft is about right depending on where the sewer pipe is on the bus.

The " Down South Dinner " is the caterers way of saying they will provide us with an assortment of Bar-B-Q , Chicken , Greens , and other things which are associated with "southern food"..........

Interesting combination of questions.............:)

Jamie

Gil_J
09-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Jim,

Are you worried about how quickly you'll need to pass that great down south cooking? Real southern cooking is based on two major ingredients, both of which are required in everything except the meat. They are butter and lard or Crisco. Thankfully, real down south cooking has been transitioned to modern day down south cooking in most places.

Jamie,

How far from the back driver's corner of the coach are the hook-ups? 25 feet or two hoses are somewhat subjective without a reference point or knowing how long a hose is.

Pete
09-04-2013, 09:19 AM
The "POSSUM 'N TATORS" are really good!

dale farley
09-04-2013, 09:38 AM
The good thing about possum is that it is so greasy you can save on the lard.

rfoster
09-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Mr. Keller: You always have your priorities correct. Eating and Dumping! In that order.

Gil_J
09-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Roger, seeing your avatar I wondered if you saw this one, http://www.bargainbusnews.com/Buses/2103-1940GeneralMotorsFuturliner/

How cool is this thing? The front end looks like a locomotive and it appears you drive from two stories above the road. Of course it's not that tall, but it sure looks it.

rfoster
09-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Gil: Thanks for the link, I have not seen that before --very interesting. Nice They want almost as much for that as a Country Coach.

Jamie Bradford
09-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Dazzling Detailing will be at the rally. They will be offering their full array of services including coach washing - polishing rims - roof sealing - and wax / polish .

If you have any questions please contact Eric at 407-516-8088 or Paulie at 877-232-0100

Also --- Please remember that Wednesday Night we are having the 50's party -- Please feel free to dress up in your 50's attire !!!!!!!!!!!!!

JIM KELLER
09-05-2013, 11:34 AM
You guys are too funny !

NashXL
09-05-2013, 05:46 PM
9/5 5:45 pm

Jamie,

My schedule has changed some and I might be able to attend Monday through Wednesday. Probably alone coming in Sunday? Oh well. Is there any late option here? If so would sure like to meet the posters and other menbers on POG who have helped me immensely with information on getting my CC sorted out. Probably would have backed up to the south rim of the Grand Canyon and 'forgot' to set the brake without this group.

Sincerely,

Doug
NashXL

NashXL
09-07-2013, 06:01 PM
9/7

Jamie,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'll pass on being in a different lot by myself and not having full power. After a summer of making everything 100% I do not want the brain drain of worrying about the bus cycling systems for overloads, usage, etc. Would have been nice to meet the always helping posters on here. I got notice of another one following Nashville in Branson. Is anyone heading there?

Sincerely,

Doug
NashXL

garyde
09-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Hi Nash. I would say to stay in touch with Jaime. There's always last minute cancellations and changes to the counts.

JIM KELLER
09-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Nash, I agree with Gary. You will not find another Rally ANYWHERE with as much available Country Coach information as Nashville. Also, 30 amp service is enough power for your Bus. The CC Brain Trust is large enough to keep you out of trouble. You might even like your own lot. You could see the visitors approaching.

Jamie Bradford
09-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Seminar Topics -

Rick May & Ben Cumming will be our hosts for the Thursday Seminars. We are thinking of having them discuss some general topics and then open the floor to specific questions.

Here is an outline of the topics that will be covered :

Tires/weights

Electrical system maintenance (batteries, tightness of connections, corrosion, checking for signs of wear/rubbing, etc.)

Electronics and control systems, things to consider when buying a coach with them, etc.

Shore Power, cord explanation, differences between 50-amp and 30-amp, etc.

If anyone has some specific topics not covered here please let me know & we will do our best to include it.

Thanks

Jamie

JIM KELLER
09-10-2013, 08:03 AM
OK, My thoughts.

1. Talk about Inverters/Chargers. How they work and who should work on them. Sine Wave and how replacing a refrigerator that has digital components may not work.

2. Power Management. How much is too much on one Leg. The fact a 50 Amp. plug will deliver 80 to 90 amps per side. The danger of bringing 160 Amps of power into the Bus on a 50 Amp plug.

3. TV upgrades. The downfall of not letting a professional do the job.

4. Roof Coatings. What is being used in the industry, does it help and who does it.

Hope others have an interest in these topics.

Gil_J
09-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Jim,

I'll be over for the marshmellow roast when your coach pulls 80+ amps per leg. If you get more than 50A per leg at least 2 breakers have failed and you have a dead short or your coach is powering your neighbor's coach too.

JIM KELLER
09-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Good catch Gil. Maybe I need a seminar to teach me how to do math ! I actually start getting nervous when I see 30 - 35 amps per side.

pwf252
09-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Jim, Can We assume you replaced your frig and its not operating correctly? I was thinking of upgrading mine as I have a broken door shelf and it aggravates me to look at it. However, if there are issues with replacing them with new appliances I might be happier with a broken shelf.

rickdesilva
09-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Yes Jimbo tell us about the refrig that doesn't like NJ electricity

JIM KELLER
09-11-2013, 06:16 AM
Aside from not liking NJ electricity, my refrig is working fine. I was referring to newer model appliances that don't like older model inverters. Then again since I messed up the math on the power management post I might not know what I'm talking about on this one. Come on Ben, help me out here !

JIM KELLER
09-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Yes Jimbo tell us about the refrig that doesn't like NJ electricity

RD, is that new power ready for campers yet ?

Gil_J
09-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Jim is correct. There are some appliances that don't like the modified sine wave produced from MSW inverters. Also, most motors will run hotter on thr MSW. On other RV forums there are frequent discussions on residential refrigerators and statements from manufacturers stating their non-support to MSW use. Digital circuitry itself isn't the problem. The problem is that nothing is made like it once was. Yesteryears products generally had much broader tolerances.

Jim are we changing your inverters out anytime soon?

JIM KELLER
09-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Gil, lets do some projects on your Bus first. We can remove the bathroom fixtures, walls, plumbing and electric. Next would be the floors and sub floors. At this point I'm sure we could access that hose reel in order to replace the hose. After Larry sees this I'm sure he would hire us to do his. Next we could remove the Cargo Bay Doors on the left side to search for the allusive side light problem.

Let me know when you want to start.

Seabyrd
09-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Patrick....we replaced ours with a new 24" cabinet depth from Sears... more expensive than regular size but fit in the space perfectly... easy change out... the one thing that I am glad I did was to plug it into a heavy duty appliance extension cord and attach it to the top of the refrigerator so if I need to power it up with outside power for any reason I can... just thought it was the perfect time to do that... we leave the frig on all the time... we were told it isn't good to turn them off. I don't see a problem changing to a new one. Let us know if you do it. I got the midnight color that looks black with the double doors on top and the big drawer in the bottom... ice and water in door.. around $2K if I remember correctly... well worth it as our old one was shot... the change out was about 3 hrs max. Good luck. QUOTE=pwf252;88386]Jim, Can We assume you replaced your frig and its not operating correctly? I was thinking of upgrading mine as I have a broken door shelf and it aggravates me to look at it. However, if there are issues with replacing them with new appliances I might be happier with a broken shelf.[/QUOTE]

rickdesilva
09-11-2013, 02:05 PM
RD, is that new power ready for campers yet ?

All done! As we speak the squatters from California are here! Buster and Jean Simmons are here using the new 50 amp service. Its hot and humid so the new serviced will come in handy!

Gil_J
09-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Jim, too late. The bathroom is fully gutted and I can see the hose reel. Wouldn't you know it, the fasteners for the hose reel ar pointing at the opposite of the coach. After all of that all I had to do was drop the fuel tank and crawl up in that cavity to access the hose reel.

I may need help getting the bathroom reinstalled before the rally. Come on over.

JIM KELLER
09-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Man this is Funny !

JIM KELLER
09-12-2013, 07:28 AM
All done! As we speak the squatters from California are here! Buster and Jean Simmons are here using the new 50 amp service. Its hot and humid so the new serviced will come in handy!

I'm glad his Country Coach is giving it a test run. And, I hope he brought you and Wendy LOBSTERS !

NashXL
09-12-2013, 02:54 PM
9/12

Well there was a cancel creating an opening in a 50amp power hook-up spot which Jamie offered me and we grabbed it. Looking forward to meeting everyone on here that has helped me get the CC up to top shelf behind the scenes and learning more!

Doug
NashXL

Gil_J
09-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Nash, you'll have a great time.

I'll see you there,

Seabyrd
09-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately we had to cancel as Larry was diagnosed with Charcot's foot... He has a temporary cast on for 90 days... The Dr. hopes 90 days will show some improvement... we are praying that it does... he is in quite a bit of pain and can't drive as it's his right foot.... Guess I'm back as designated driver... I did ALL the driving for years... Hate to miss the Rally and seeing everyone... we may be down but we're not out !! Have fun and catch y'all on down the road. Cheers, Diane & Larry
9/12

Well there was a cancel creating an opening in a 50amp power hook-up spot which Jamie offered me and we grabbed it. Looking forward to meeting everyone on here that has helped me get the CC up to top shelf behind the scenes and learning more!

Doug
NashXL

Gil_J
09-12-2013, 09:52 PM
I hope Larry has a speedy recovery!

Pete
09-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Larry & Diane, so sorry you are not going to be in Nashville. I know you must be disappointed as well. Get to feeling better Larry.

pwf252
09-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Larry & Diane,
We were looking forward to seeing you both at the rally. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Next time we are in Lufkin we'll arrange a visit.

Seabyrd
09-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Patrick & Sherry, That sounds great, be sure to do that !! Diane

Seabyrd
09-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the good wishes Gil and Pete... hopefully he will recover soon.. looks like a long road but he will make it.. Enjoy the rally and cheers from both of us. Diane

Debbie Bradford
09-22-2013, 05:06 PM
This message is for all the men coming to the Nashville rally. I have talked to a few of the ladies and they know nothing about the 50's party/dance. Please give them a heads up about the party so they can get a 50's outfit if they so choose. The ladies may get upset if they know nothing about dressing up and the rest of us are.....Please let them know !....I would email each one if I had the email addresses..We WILL have a prize for the best dressed couple ! Let's plan on having a great time ! Will see all of you soon ! We just arrived in Nashville !

Gil_J
09-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Debbie,

I thought the 50s dress up was only for thr women and the men are the judges. Did I get the wrong?

JIM KELLER
09-23-2013, 06:44 AM
Gil, That was my take on the Memo !

Pete
09-23-2013, 09:59 AM
NOT!.......I have already vetoed 2 outfits E.J. came up with. And I have been working on my "FONZIE" ducktails for 4 months! The top has not responded like it should have.
Besides, most all of my clothes are from the 50's any way, so it won't be a dress up for me.
IF YOU GUYS DON'T SHOW UP IN STYLE, YOU WILL GET TRASHED ON THE SITE FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS!

JIM KELLER
09-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Pete, This is my dilemma. My clothes from the 50's were diapers. So.... I told Karen I was going in a pair of diapers. She said NO WAY and If i did she was out. Now I don't know how to dress for the event.

Gil_J
09-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Jim, no way. That was how I was going. Tell Karen it's okay.

dale farley
09-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Jim,

Karen might go for these: Onesies for Men.

Jamie Bradford
09-23-2013, 06:47 PM
Hi Gang ,

Please look at this concerning arrival to the Fairgrounds in Nashville. The monthly Flea Market is going to be held this weekend ( Fri 27th - Sun 29th )

This WILL impact those who are arriving on those days - the traffic may be heavy. Those arriving Monday ( or before Friday ) will have no issues.

If you are getting here early you will go to the spot on the map marked " BEFORE MONDAY " - this spot is +/- .60 miles from the interstate -

If you arrive Friday - Sunday there will be parking attendants charging to get in - Please tell them you with the POG RALLY - you will not be charged.

If you are arriving MONDAY please proceed to the spot marked " MONDAY ARRIVAL" - this is about .50 miles from the interstate -you will then be guided to your spot.

I have been told traffic Saturday will be VERY HEAVY.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 352-552-4812.

Thanks

Jamie

JIM KELLER
09-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Jamie, What is the weather like up there ? Temps at night and daytime highs.

Jamie Bradford
09-25-2013, 07:29 AM
Here is the the schedule for the Nashville Rally :

Jamie Bradford
09-25-2013, 07:34 AM
Jim,

Weather has been nice - 70's during the day , 50's at night.

JIM KELLER
09-25-2013, 07:44 AM
NICE ! Raining down here at your house and ours. Lots of rain. Gil & Durlene are swimming North today on US 19 and we will swim North on 75.

dale farley
09-25-2013, 07:56 AM
Hopefully, the rain will minimize the love bugs, and the price of diesel has dropped significantly in the last few days.

Don
09-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Follow GPS Off interstate 65 at Exit 81 - continue on Wedgewood Ave - continue straight into Fair grounds - you will see us on the right-hand side. Do not turn left on to Rains Ave. its a semi narrow street. If you do, its not the end of the world. Continue until you come to the upper end of a Y at 4th street and turn right. Its a one way street and you will see the fairgrounds on your right. We will be on your left hand side inside the fairgrounds.

Gil_J
09-25-2013, 05:42 PM
We arrived at Panama City with a rain duty coach AND love bug guts :-(

Pete
09-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Jim & Gil, Just so you "Youngsters" will know, a pair of jeans, a white T-shirt, and white socks are all you will need to be dressed in 50's style. The reason I know is that is about all we had to wear in the 50's. So, don't leave me hanging.....come in style!

Gil_J
09-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Pete, that is exactly what I'm wearing. Don't forget the penny loafers.

JIM KELLER
09-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Everything I have read shows exit 81 off I 65. We will be headed North on I 24. Google maps tells us to go West on I 440 and North on Nolensville Pike, 11. This route looks like it brings us in on the North side of the fairgrounds. This is confusing to me because it doesnt match the directions talked about. Should we stay on I 440 untill we reach I 65 or is it OK to get off on Nolensville Pike ?

Jamie Bradford
09-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Jim,

24 to 440 to Nolensville will get you there. The road & entrance from that direction is fine.

Jamie

JIM KELLER
09-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks Jamie. Now for anyone that has been there for a few days. What do we have in the way of candy stores for men. Tools, Guns, Knives, Hardware ? If anyone is interested we can make a group trip !

JIM KELLER
09-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Jim & Gil, Just so you "Youngsters" will know, a pair of jeans, a white T-shirt, and white socks are all you will need to be dressed in 50's style. The reason I know is that is about all we had to wear in the 50's. So, don't leave me hanging.....come in style!

Pete, I'm in but I might need to borrow some of your Brylcream !

NashXL
09-29-2013, 10:48 AM
9/29 10:30 am

Jamie,
Is there a water hook-up accessible in the fairgrounds or by the camping areas? It looks as though the weather is going to be lousy today and tomorrow early in the day and I don't want to set-up with a dirty coach. Will determine how much H2O I bring with me. The CC uses a lot more water in a shower than I do!
Thanks if you see this and are able to give us any information.

Sincerely,

Doug
NashXL