PDA

View Full Version : 94 Liberty Roof

truk4u
01-29-2006, 09:05 PM
In getting information on a 94 Liberty that interests me, the guy says the roof has had a clear coat:confused: put on it at some time in it's life and is now pealing off. Says he used a pressure washer to blow some of it off, but still has lots to go. What's the scoop on the roofs and is this a normal cure for streaks running down the side of the Coach?:confused:

Jeffery Raymond
01-29-2006, 09:38 PM
The 'roof' of the coach does not have a clear coat on it. It should be a greyish standard Prevost paint job. What does have clear coat on the top is the front cap and the rear cap.

"Blowing off" the clear coat is not the answer.

What is happening here is normal for such a coach. We have a 94 Liberty; the idea here is to re-seal the peeling clear coat before the clear coat deteriorates down the sides of the coach (not good). We got at the peeling clear coat fast and redid it.

If you have any questions about this, please PM me.

truk4u
01-30-2006, 06:16 AM
Thanks Jeff, I wasn't sure what was on the roof originally and sounds like the added clear coat did not get maintained as you said. Getting the old stuff off and putting new back on would probably be expensive.