PDA

View Full Version : hello, I am a newbee.

dzrman
12-25-2012, 01:52 AM
I just bought my biggest toy ever, 95 45 foot country coach prevost. I am still trying to learn all the buttons. I hope I made the right choice.there is alot to learn,webasto,fresh water system,inverters,8 house batterys etc.. I am planning on a road trip from IL to ca soon and hope all goes well. wish me luck.. shes got some age but looks and runs like a kid..merry christmas everyone............

dale farley
12-25-2012, 02:14 AM
Don,

Welcome to the POG. Nice looking bus (I saw it on your profile picture). If you get a chance, add that same picture to your Avatar, or your signature and everyone will be able to see your bus. Hope it runs as good as it looks. I had a CC that I really liked; and there are several CC onwers on the forum, so feel free to ask any questions you may have, and you will get some answers. Hope you really enjoy your new toy and have a safe and trouble-free trip.

Gary Carmichael
12-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Don, Welcome to the bus world, it is a great ride, a few bumps here and there, but over all nothing like it! Gary

Liam
12-25-2012, 02:41 PM
I was a newbe last year with my '92 Country Coach 40-footer. Have done a lot of maintenance on inverters, batteries, tires, and plumbing. All with great club forum advice. Yell if you need something. Liam

garyde
12-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Congradulations on your purchase. Its definately a defining moment in this lifestyle to purchase a Prevost. Yes, there is so much to learn, and its all great fun. Anything you need, don't hesitate to ask. Welcome.

dzrman
12-25-2012, 11:52 PM
thank you very much

lbriant
12-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Welcome to POG !!!
Thats a nice looking coach !!
Try to stay in it a week to three weeks straight before your long trip to get familiar with all the controls and make sure you don't have any problems, This will help insure your first trip to go smoothly,
When we first bought ours we had already driven several in traffic and in town but the dealer took me out to the fairgrounds where they had a small city of narrow roads without obstacles like there campgrounds, it was empty, it really helped me be able to drive in tight areas like RV parks learning the swing of the bus with tag up or down, learning the timing of the turn with the front wheels behind you, and really watching those back corners on your turns,
And to watch your speed these busses don't even seem like there moving and you go onto an off ramp that says 25mph and you look down and your doing 50 Yikes, They really pressed that on me and it has caught me a couple times when i get to comfortable But luckily I have My wife there reading every road sign to me .)
Good Luck you will love the Life !!!!!!

dzrman
12-30-2012, 11:00 PM
thanks , Driving this thing is no problem, I have owned and operated many semis. I own a asphalt co. and grew up on the farm. I have been fixing little things. the washer does not work, pocket doors had no bottom guides so i machined some out of aluminum. put new fresh water pumps in also... wabasto pumps are making noises, so that will be next. this bus has sit for two years and needs some tlc. she dont have a mark on her and is clean as a pin. it has only 80,000 miles so the series 60 is just broke in good.. thanks for the chat..maybe we can meet someday..... Don from IL

dzrman
12-30-2012, 11:09 PM
thanks Liam