PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bernie and Debbie

truxton
12-12-2012, 11:12 PM
We are based out of La Quinta, CA and currently have a 08 Beaver Patriot Thunder and pull a Featherlite stacker. I've noticed you already converted one of our old Beaver guys Gil J. We wanted to get to Florida for the show in January but that is not possible now, we'll see what's left.
So far I've enjoyed the humor and information reading the forum. Everybody seems like great people and hopefully we'll have our Bus soon and participate in some of the great activities.

Later
bv

Sid Tuls
12-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Welcome to pog!! You need to stop by Motorcoach Country Club in Indio and see some of the coaches on display there. I have a lot there #196 come by for a visit.

truxton
12-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Darn Sid, you know who we are. We meet last year in Amarillo. I saw your old bus over at CA Motorcoach. I told you we would play golf, when you want to go. Are you feeling at home over there now?

dale farley
12-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Bernie,

Welcome to the site. I am sure you will get much insight from reading the posts. Make sure you check out all the used Prevosts for sale on www.prevost-stuff.com (http://www.prevost-stuff.com). Nothing drives like a Prevost. Happy hunting.

Gil_J
12-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Bernie,

We have no regrets moving from our 08 Contessa 42. My wife does miss all that space she had going from quad slides to no slides. Having just concluded a 6 month trip she has adjusted.

truxton
12-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Hi Gil,

I haven't seen you on the BAC site lately and figured you settled in nicely. Were looking at 2 slides so not to much to give up. Stay safe out there and I'll let you know our progress.

Thank you for the welcome Dale and Paulette.

Later
bv

garyde
12-13-2012, 11:39 PM
I had seen a 2010 3 slide XLII Coach by Marathon at a FMCA rally a few years ago. So, they are out there.

mike kerley
12-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Welcome BV,

We moved from a 99 Patriot Thunder to our CC Prevost and dont regret it a bit. We also had an 89 Marquis prior to the 99, so very familiar with the older Beavers. Great cabinetry and man did that Thunder move. 500 + horses at 34,000. Hope you get the fever....

Look us up if your in Florida on the East Coast.

truxton
12-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi Mike,

Our's was a Monaco build but they still kept up with the woodwork but as far as electrical, I won't even go there. One of my issues is torque. We have 1750 ft lbs now and pulling a loaded stacker any less wouldn't work. That's why were looking for something pre emmision maybe 07,08 that I can boost. Seems like we have a few Beaver guys on here. There's a couple buses out there that has me going, were ready to get in a bus. My wife more than I. She still surprises me sometimes after 28 years.

Later,
bv

Sid Tuls
12-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Hey Bernie did ya see that marathon on calf coach web site the 2004? Flying back to the desert as we speak. Can't wait to get back!!

truxton
12-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey Buddy,

No, looked at the 07. Wanted to make a play on the 06 Liberty but it's going back to Liberty. Gotta start over. TX is cold, were in for a little cool weather too 60's. Grandbaby good? Be safe, call me when you get back.

Later
bv