PDA

View Full Version : Air, fresh air, that is...

Ronald Hiemann
12-09-2012, 09:17 AM
My wife and I like to open the windows for fresh air. Easier said, than done, in a Prevost XLII. We have 5 awning style windows and needless to say, you would not open them while driving. Even when parked, the volume of air coming through these windows is limited. So what do you do? Well, cut a hole into the roof and install roof vents. That is exactly what I did (have done at CoachWorx in Clearwater, FL). We liked these vents in our previous RV and the new ones are even better. They come with a built-in rain cover, so they can be kept open during the rain (and while driving, too). They come with a remote control and they have 10 speeds to pull air in our blow it out. With the lid closed, the fan functions as a ceiling paddle fan. We installed 2, one upfront and one in the bedroom. Photos below. Of course, some people will suggest to use the A/C. We much rather do not switch-on the A/C, unless, it is really necessary.

Gil_J
12-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Ronald,

They look great! I'm surprised how much liner and trim had to be removed for installation. We have fantasic vents, Country Coach installed, and love them.