PDA

View Full Version : Would like to add LED tail lights

Dany
10-25-2012, 07:50 PM
We have 2001 H 345 Marathon would like to have LED lights any body have a supplier thanks dany

garyde
10-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Hi Dany. Try this one: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/

BrianE
10-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Here's another one. These folks are very reliable. http://www.ibpindustries.com/Prevost%20Flipbook/prevostbook.swf

Reagan Sirmons
10-26-2012, 02:23 PM
You probably will not have an issue with the change-out but on some occassions, the draw is so low, they may not function as you might think. You will not need any other devices to create draw. I changed out mine 12 months ago and for some reason, four of the smaller reds have mostly burned out. I say mostly because they consist of some 8 or so separate lights. Only two or three of the separate lights in each bulb remained on. The change out affect is dramatic and I beleve a solid safety practice. When you change, be certain the bases are simply snug. I used a slight covering product to protect the contact base.
My thoughts.
Pres

Gil_J
10-26-2012, 05:59 PM
FYI, the LED replacement bulbs are seldom effective. On the other hand purpose built sealed LED fixtures are a great improvement. I replaced my 3rd brake light with an LED fixture and added a brake light pulser. It is very ibvious. I have all other rear lights on the todo list. Also make sure they are DOT approved.

Dany
10-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Gil Derlin let me know the place to get LED light fixture or manafurtur thanks Danny

Toy Box
11-04-2012, 05:54 PM
We purchased the tail lights (LED) from international bus parts about six years ago. Very easy installation , they look great and you can see them a mile away in the daytime!!!!

Gil_J
04-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Dany,

Did you ever do your LED conversion? Now that we are back, I may get around to changing mine.

dale farley
05-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Anyone know why the bulb replacement doesn't work as well as the fixture replacement? Are the bulbs just not a good match for the electrical system?

Dany
05-01-2013, 04:34 PM
I did not change mine yet found the set they were $1400.00 didn't want to spend that much don't drive that much at knight thanks Danny

Loc
05-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Dale,

The replacement bulbs are okay, but the problem is that the OEM lenses are fluted to disperse the incandesant light and the LED's do not shine through them as well. I replaced all of the rear running, turn and stop lights last year with LED bulbs and they work fine, but they are not as bright as sealed LED housings. I replaced the lights on my 92 Angola with a new LED stack from IBP back in 2005. Those lights would blind you at night. I have looked all over for a plug and play replacement for the Bosch taillights used on the XLs (after 1990) and XLIIs (up until 2006 or so) but havent been able to find one. I have talked with several converters and IBP. The replacement bulbs are the best alternative so far.