PDA

View Full Version : News from Knoxville

Just Plain Jeff
12-14-2006, 06:57 AM
Always in search of the newer, better slide out, we find through our local operatives that a certain member is hard at work to develop a slide to his coach without putting down the big LewBucks. Whattaguy.

lewpopp
12-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Last year a gal in our park who was recently widowed asked me a question about her 2000 H. She wanted to know how to tilt the steering wheel. I climbed in and for the life of me I couldn't figure it out.

She was at happy hour a couple hours ago and asked me if I had found the answer to the tilt. Good memory for the old gal although she's probably younger than myself.

Anyone out there tell me the answer so I can become a hero in her eyes.

She said her son said there is not a tilt to the wheel and I said I was sure there was.

Let's see who's right.

Lew

garyde
12-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi Lew. On my 2003 Liberty, there is a pnuematic button I push with my left foot midway up on the left side of the steering column. Good Luck. Gary

lewpopp
12-17-2006, 06:32 AM
As far as the tilt steering wheel is concerned, who originally sets it up...the converter or the Prevost factory?

This 2000 H is a Marathon. Any Marathon people out there who can come up with a solution. My guess is that the Factory installs the tilt system on the shells.

Lew

lewpopp
12-17-2006, 06:34 AM
Hmmmmm, Gary, if that is a pneumatic button, that means the engine should be running to supply air to the system. Am I correct?

Lew

garyde
12-17-2006, 12:43 PM
I am not sure if it matters because of the aux. compressor. This release button is a Prevost design.

lewpopp
12-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Well, I ventured over to this gals coach to show her my new found ideas about tilting the steering wheel and found no button, lever, or anything on the left side of the steering shaft. The complete shaft is covered with plastic and not a thing in sight.

Guess I'll call Marathon tomorrow. I thought I could be a hero and come up with the solution. Keep sleeping fellow poggers. Good night, good by and good luck. Cripes, I could have found more on the Prevost Stuff.

Lew:confused:

garyde
12-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi lew. I did not give you the precise location of my Button. It is on the wall to the lleft of the steering column. In such a location I use my left foot to operate it. Approx. 18 inches up from the floor. Gary