PDA

View Full Version : Safe in Coach

ken&ellen
01-29-2006, 01:55 PM
We have recently discovered a safe in a hidden compartment near the bed. We were not given the combination. We contacted the dealer who did not have it and the previous owners who were never given it either. They did not spend the money to have a locksmith crack it. We even called Liberty and they gave us the original combination, but that did not work either. Someone must have changed it over the years. Has anyone ever had to pay a locksmith to open theirs? If so about how much did it cost? It is was too high we might be better off buying a new didgital one. Thanks, Ellen

Jeffery Raymond
01-29-2006, 04:21 PM
We use it for storing other stuff. After buying the bus we're broke anyway.

ken&ellen
01-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah, it isn't our money we need to store in there...my change purse works well for that. More like our Smith and Wessons!

lewpopp
01-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Marathon said they put a safe in our, but we have been unable to find where it is.

Duh, I have a brudder who will open it for you but he don't get out of the slammer for anudder 4 months. Can you wait? He'll only charge you a little bit because he wants to re-activate his fingers.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-14-2006, 02:48 PM
K&E,

I got to thinking about this and here is a few ideas you may wish to consider. Look around the area of the safe for the combination. I would not be surprised if it wasn't written inside a drawer or on the bottom or back of a drawer, inside a nearby cupboard, or on the inside of a cabinet door.

On other coaches we have seen hand written numbers that didn't make sense until we figured out the owners didn't trust their memory so they wrote the numbers in a nearby place.

I will send an email with some specifics.

Just Plain Jeff
03-14-2006, 03:12 PM
We went through this one x2. Usually you can find a local locksmith who can recode your dial mechanism, about $75. Then [I]you[I] have to remember the code.

BUSLESS