PDA

View Full Version : The Holidays

garyde
10-15-2012, 11:26 PM
I have not made plans yet, but I'm curious to know what members are planning for the Holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
In Years past, members have met up for the holidays. Disneyland, and Santa Ynez Valley are two which California POGers got together. :cool:
So , heres a thread for everyone to post what they are up to this year.:)

Ronald Hiemann
10-16-2012, 08:30 PM
We will be spending Thanksgiving in Germany. We will return to the USA first week of December and spend Christmas and New Years Eve in our Southern base in St. Petersburg. New years Eve in St. Pete is a lot of fun. Lots to see and do in a small, compact downtown area along the waterfront on Tampa Bay. The more so because we can walk around in tees and shorts.
By mid January we will be heading up the panhandle and stop at the Heritage in Orange Beach, then continue on to Bourbon Street and, ultimately, very likely to this new RV resort North of Houston to check it out.

prevost76
10-17-2012, 07:26 AM
We will spend Thanksgiving up in our house in north Georgia mountains or in the Bus down at Heritage in OB, not sure yet. Christmas back home in Jacksonville, Fl, then on to Heritage for New Years eve.

kenrobertson
10-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Hi Gary - Mel and I are in Ohio for the AQHA Congress, but we leave here, then swing thru Texas for a couple of days on our way to Indio. We arrive at Motor Coach Country Club on the 31st ( just in time for their Halloween party ) We will be there thru Nov. 19th, then head for OKC. We arrive there on the 22nd ( Thanksgiving ) for the National Reining Horse Futurity. We are there thru Dec. 2nd, then head for home, by way of Heritage at Orange Beach. Spending a quiet Christmas at home in Florida.

So Poggers.....Post, Email, or give me a call if we are going to be in your area......We would love to see you.

Ken n Mel

tommybahama
10-19-2012, 12:08 PM
November and December, we'll be in Campbellsville, KY, with hundreds of itinerant campers, working at Amazon.com's distribution center for the Christmas shipping crush. We'll park on the shore of Green River Lake, surrounded by a huge forest laced through with horse trails perfect for running our dogs.

Thanksgiving -- up to Lexington, KY, for dinner with friends unseen in years. Late December -- down to New Orleans for some Christmas laissez les bons temps rouler.

Finally, home to Capitol Hill where we'll suffer traffic congestion made worse by the moving vans of winners and losers from Tuesday, November 6.

All the best, everyone

Ray Davis
10-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi Gary,

This year we won't be able to get together. Our son and daughter-in-law will be down over thanksgiving week, although we might be going out to OR Indio on Friday after turkey day. You are welcome to join us at that time.

We are headed up to visit them at Fort Lewis over the Christmas holidays this year.

Ray

Lawrence M.
10-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Gary,

Sandy and I will be at Motor Coach Country Club for Thanksgiving, back to Newport for Christmas then back to the desert for New Years.

Sid Tuls
10-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Judy and I plan to be MCCC in Indio from Nov-April