PDA

View Full Version : The King of Bling - Scooter Delivery

truk4u
12-13-2006, 08:09 PM
I know you all have been very concerned about this, so I thought I would put everone's mind at ease.:D The King has taken delivery of the previous Elvis owned scooter at a truckstop in GA.:eek:

As the King roared off in the Liberty, with the scooter tucked neatly in it's own little garage, I thought I heard the King yell, "bite me Mango, mine has a seat".;)

rmboies
12-13-2006, 08:17 PM
The king looks great on the new scooter--I think I need one of those to run around on at horse shows!

Roger, Bob-00 thought he saw your bus, hopefully with you driving:D , traveling down Hwy. 25 towards Greenville, SC the other day. Now Tom mentions you are in Georgia. So, did you go right past us and not stop? Maybe it was the mighty call of the car auction that had you speeding along:rolleyes: If it was you, and you are headed back through this way, call and we can go to lunch or dinner, ok?

rfoster
12-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Mango: Tom and Nancy made it to the low rent rendevouz with the goods in tact. Needed a jacket by the time we got back to cooler Bristol. The weather was beautiful in Ga. today. and the Elvis / Dale Sr. Scooter is at Home at the Foster Compound. It may be going under the tree for Micki's combo Anniversary/Christmas gift. I'll be in trouble again.

Hey Tom: We ate at the Dinner Bell- No stinking A@$ Fish! I had Fried Country Ham, Fried Chicken, Country Fried Steak with brown gravy, Cheese filled stuffed potatoes, green beans, corn, home made rolls, cornbread, and banana pudding. I ate all of the above and the scooter frame broke down. Jus kiddin - It was great. I am sure it had more grease than Mangos uses in a Month!

Deb & Bob 00 : Bob has good eyes, As I recall it was dark! Yes it was the Micki and I, on our way to the big "A", we got a late start and didn't get landed till about 10 something. Sorry we didn,t stop, but I will not let that happen again, we will take you up on your offer. We are always split about going to Atlanta via 26 to Greeneville, SC or via 75 thru Knoxville, Chattanooga as the time is about the same. Ashville, Greenville route via GPS is about 40 miles shorter, but 26 south of Ashville is so rough, it makes my bones rattle.
Thanks for the invitation, Micki always states that Deb and Bob are thru here somewhere, Beautiful Area. That hill on 25 is a test!! We passed it. We'll give you a heads up next time thru.:cool:
Roger and Micki

rmboies
12-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Ha, yes, Bob does have good eyes. What ya'll fail to realize is that he does not miss much:-) My guess is that he would have seen Corona Kelly behind the bar long before most of you:eek:

Roger, I hear you regarding I 26 south of Asheville--it will rattle your bones. Fortunately, you are not on it very long before it either smooths out or you turn off onto HWY 25 as you did.

I am sorry you didn't have time to stop but will hold you to "the next time" deal!! Glad you survived coming down the big hill--LOL The cops are usually all over that section and have funded quite a big of the county bank accounts from tickets written to those who didn't control the downhill speed.

We found that traveling I 26 north of Asheville headed towards Bristol was a rather scarey ride as well--we just could not make any time going that way in the BAB (our friends call the Prevost "Bob's Bigass Bus":cool: Very beautiful drive though!

Hugs to Mickie,