PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day

Joe Cannarozzi
12-11-2006, 08:41 PM
I was delivering a load of stone to a road construction project today(I-294/I-80 slpit). I was slowing down in the construction zone, flashers blazing, far right lane getting ready to turn off into the construction site. A young man, of 30 years in a 01Saturn was not paying attention coming up from the rear. I was loaded and rolling mabye 25 or so. He rear-ended me so hard it knocked me forward like I was in a Saturn that was being hit buy a loaded truck. He didnt make it, died on impact. Currently am riding a bit of an emotional rollercoaster rethinking things and wondering about the family he leaves behind. Latley Ive had a bit of a time trying to convince myself I still enjoy what I do for a living. What the ramifications of todays events will be is yet to be seen. This could be the push I needed to move on.

If you are inclined, pray for him and the family he leaves behind. Thank you.

John Rivera

jello_jeep
12-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Now, that is a bad day indeed.

Keep in mind that his inattention is NOT your fault.. Although I am sure that does not help much.

My theory on praying is, that I don't pray too often, so when I do, I figure its more likely to be dealt with, than those who are always jammin up the airways... So I will throw one out for you, him, and his family.

Sounds like you need a "choir practice" and a de-briefing with Dr J. Daniels, both of which I am familiar with.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Just Plain Jeff
12-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Joe:

I have yet to have to the pleasure of meeting you, but look froward to it.

You've had a tough day, more than anyone should have. In my line of work, I can share with you that some things that occur simply don't make any sense. We do all the right things, follow the procedures, are sure that life will go along as expected, but it doesn't always do that.

Not sure that 'time heals' all wounds either, but you will find that by sharing your experience here, at home, with your friends and loved ones will help a lot.

One of the tough things to understand about most accidents is that we can't control the actions of others; tough enough to manage our own vehicles some times.

We spend a lot of time along the roads; that's where we are now. We all take so much for granted each moment and the incident that you relate gives us a taste of all the wonderful things for which we must be grateful each and every moment.

Hang in there, Joe; we're all thinking about you.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Joe, I'm at a loss for words and stand at your side to lean on. Share your grief talk it out it makes it better. Till we meet.JIM

MangoMike
12-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Joe,

It always amazes me how fast life can change, and usually not for the good. Just try to take some good actions and pass them forward, it usually helps the soul.

I'll send some prayers tonight.

Mike

garyde
12-11-2006, 10:26 PM
I live adjacent to a very beautiful but dangerous Mountain Pass Hwy. Its not a month that goes by someone is not killed or seriously injured. I drive this pass with attention and caution all the time . It is amazing just how many poor to bad drivers are on the road . It is a risky buisness being on any road now a days. Don,t fault yourself . Gary

win42
12-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Joe: I'm sorry to hear of the accident and can only imagine how sad you feel for the survivors. Please get yourself to a Priest or other professional and talk it out. You were no more at fault than a power pole or other object in the path of the car. I pass so many people driving in a trance with a phone to their ear or their mind elsewhere. It's sad when it happens so close to you, but what is done cannot be undone. Nothing can reverse the situation. As you said all we can do at this point is pray for his family and that we will.
The best to you. Joe.
Harry

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-11-2006, 11:19 PM
I was saddened by your unfortunate news Joe. Peggy and I wish you, Debbie and their family a soft message of prayer.

Keep your thoughts postive.

Gary

Denny
12-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Joe
Sorry to hear about your accident. This type of incident is called an accident but many times it is a planned event to look like an accident. You certainly can't hold yourself at fault no matter how and why it happened. Joe, I own a funeral home and have a grief counselor on our staff; he is available to talk to you. All you need to do is call me at 330-534-1952 or send me a private message and I will have Phil call you. Our website is www.kelley-robb.com

We will support you and your family and the other family in our prayers.

Denny

dale farley
12-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Joe, I too am sorry about the events of your day, and I know most words are rather hollow at a time like this. I don't mean to sound "preachy", but many times in my life I've had to depend on the words of Romans 8:28 that tells us that "All" things work together for our good". This applies even to those "bad" things that we don't understand at the time they happen, but God really does bring good, even from tragic events. We will be praying for the family of the young man and also for your peace of mind.

dreadnought
12-12-2006, 07:03 AM
May God have Mercy on his soul, and ease your worried mind.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Joe,

Please do not second guess this event. You are blameless and whether the other driver did this accidently or intentionally you had no control over what happened.

BUSTER
12-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Joe,

Every now and then a very upsetting thing happens to all of us.....Jean and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers as you endure the effects of that unfortunate accident....hang in there and we hope to see you in person at POGiii....it was not something that you had control of.....Mike & Jean Simmons

rmboies
12-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Joe and Debbie,

I am behind on reading the list and just now saw your note. I know you realize that this was not in any way your fault but you are saddened, as we all are, by the loss of a life. I learned a long time ago while still practicing as a nurse that there are things we simply cannot change--death is a part of life and accidents do happen. Life does go on, yours will as well, and you are truly helping yourself by talking about what happened. I have a quote that I keep in mind which helps me at times like this:

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings
have trouble remembering how to fly"

we are your friends..........hugs.....

Joe Cannarozzi
12-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Thank you for all those replies. We love you ALL.