PDA

View Full Version : New member

Dick in Wisconsin
09-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Greetings!

I was introduced to Prevosts by a close friend when I lived in La Crosse, WI. He and his brother owned Prevosts and used them extensively. After a number of trips to Indy for the 500 and a few NASCAR races in his Prevosts I knew that "someday" I'd own one.

Someday is getting closer all the time as I've recently realized I'm in the late afternoon of my working life and that retirement thing is probably less than six years away.

Seven years ago I became involved in amateur road racing an old NASCAR stock car and have the itch for something more than my Suburban to pull the trailer to the race track. Towing with a Prevost and camping at the race tracks sounds appealing to us.

I look forward to reading the Forum, learning, posting questions, and getting them answered.

BrianE
09-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Dick,
Welcome to POG. You've come to the right place to find like-minded bus victims, owners, and wanna-be-owners. Suggest you peruse the Articles, Information Sharing and Quick Link features of our site. Another good resource is the http://prevostcommunity.com/ site. You should be warned your interest can easily become a sickness that can only be cured by owning one of these terrific machines.

coreygrubb
09-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Welcome, Dick. We also use our Prevost for towing an ex-nascar tour car, now being raced as an SPO/GT-1 car in SCCA. We tow a 32' trailer with no problems and live in the coach at the track. In between races, we use the coach for pleasure trips. We will be leaving on a trip soon through South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah and Neveda ending up at the POG rally in Vegas. Back in time for the final Cen-Div race at Blackhawk. We are presently in Milwaukee, with the coach parked at the race shop in West Bend. The coach will leave for its winter home in Fla before the first snow flies. Meanwhile, we are around and close to you to answer any questions and help in any way we can. 941-779-5018

Dick in Wisconsin
09-09-2012, 11:15 PM
huh. Small world. I've met George. He was at a Midwestern Council event I ran at the Milwaukee Mile a couple of years ago. Was a a ARCA/NASCAR Cup team auction in Westby, WI today. They had a 32' trailer I was going to bid on but it went for more than I wanted to pay. Drove back through West Bend.

Headed to BFR this next weekend for a Council event. Then Autobahn and finish the season with Council's Loooog Race.

Are you 40' or 45? You're probably what close to 75 or 80 feet long going down the road. Does that pose problems getting around?

coreygrubb
09-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Dick, I'm 45'/80'w/trailer. No trouble going down the road. The bus doesn't know the trailer's there except for length. 7.6-7.8 mpg w/o 7.0-7.2 with. Do have 20,000 lb hitch w/Prevost engine cradle. Give me a call, We'll talk racing and busses, two of my faverorite subjects.

Sid Tuls
09-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Corey, to get that kinda fuel mileage how fast do you drive your bus? I usually dive at 70-72 and get 6.2 at best towing my Tahoe . Just wondering

coreygrubb
09-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Corey, to get that kinda fuel mileage how fast do you drive your bus? I usually dive at 70-72 and get 6.2 at best towing my Tahoe . Just wondering
Sid, SPEED LIMIT (plus 2 mph maybe). Remember that you have a newer enough bus and get worse mileage.

Gary Carmichael
09-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Sid, I am getting the same milage as you towing my Tahoe if I put my foot in it 5.8, I have the 14 liter engine do you? Gary

Sid Tuls
09-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Thats what I got on my 2007 Thompson. I'll pick up my new coach on Thursday

Gary Carmichael
09-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Congrat's on your new ride, show us some photo's Gary