PDA

View Full Version : Awning window parts (shells between 2000 and 2006, XLII, not H3's)

Paul Chelew
08-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Last year I had an awning window that would merely jerk or twitch when I tried to open it, along with a clicking sound. When I took it to the Mira Loma (CA) Center, they found that the Block Acme/Plastic Model MTH-40; MTH-45; MTH-45S, in Awning window Y2-1884-60, Ref.44, was stripped. It serves as a fuse, or safety device for the window motor drive. When it strips from over or mis-use, the window will not open. It can be replaced, however, Prevost Car no longer stocks this part, and I was told that the supplier is out of business or whatever. They were able to find a used take-out part and get my window working with that, but only because the techs had the foresight to save that part from a take out used window.
Subsequently, I spent the following summer locating an experimental, prototype machinist with the skills and willingness to make the necessary, unique tap, and locate the proper material, to fabricate some spares for me. I had him make up some necessary spares, and can have more made if need be. Installation is not hard; most of us can do it ourselves. I have already helped another owner repair two of his windows with these parts, and can offer them to anyone who needs them.
Call me at 775)246-9009, or my cell (when are are away from home) 775)315-0330. Or email me at pgchelew@gmail.com

Paul Chelew

d graham
08-24-2012, 05:15 PM
IS THIS FOR XL11 ELECTRIC WINDOWS? DARRELL

Paul Chelew
08-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Yes, it applies to the electric awning-style windows (hinged at the top edge, with the opening taking place at the bottom edge). Prevost shells built between 2000 and 2006.