PDA

View Full Version : 1992 CC Front Nose Questions

Liam
08-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Curious about 2 items on the front face of my bus. First, right at the radius left and right edge of the stainless front are 3 twist-type (not snaps) fasteners on each side. Looks like something to attach a "bra" type deal? What are these for? Prevost or CC adds? (You can see them just to the right of the door hinge)

Second, right above the bumber and beneath the CC logo, the 2 oval sections of stainless have color-keyed plastic inserts riveted in. (they are in between the headlights in the photo) Is this a Prevost deal or something CC added as part of the graphics package? Looking on the web at pictures, some busses don't have them. I am not going to use my lexan guard anymore and the flimsy inserts look like they would be a pain to keep clean. Thinking about removing unlessthat would anger the "Gods of authenticity "!

rahangman
08-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Liam, not sure on yours, but I had the twist things, and removed them. I have a snap on window cover that uses snaps and also a leather cover to keep debris (ice stuff) from my spare tire well that house 2 of 3 Cruise Airs.....whats to say about the Gods of Authenticity (?), you own a Prevost my friend, a Country Coach at that!

JIM KELLER
08-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Liam, Those attached parts are from a plastic shield. Obviously based on the condition of the front of your Bus someone kept a shield installed for most of its life. I think the section of colored plastic was a style used at that time. All of these items were from a aftermarket distributor used by CC. If the rest of your Bus looks as good as the front you did good !

Liam
08-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks, it was definitely babied! Prevost Quebec said they are OEM that CC must have removed and painted. They still had a set of the original black adhesive inserts.