PDA

View Full Version : AC coming in no DC

smoore1104
08-11-2012, 02:57 PM
We are out camping and all of a sudden the DC lights go out and the AC stops. I notice we have power coming into the coach on both legs - checked the Surge Guard - looks fine as well. I noticed the house button was not lit - I hit it and everything came back on for a short time and then went out. I notice the house button/switch is still out and when I push it - nothing happens.... any ideas??? I am continuing to dig into the situation but I am sure one of you have come across this - I have even shut everything off - and reset it all - still nothing... Crestron has power - but anything DC is inop.

smoore1104
08-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Update: I noticed in passenger bay 2 the "disconnect solenoid" was flashing red. When I pushed the reset - everything came back up - except for the switch bank near the passenger foot (neat to door) - I also noticed that that entire bank of lights for that entire rack of electronics is out. Does this tell me that the solenoid is bad? Just learning the systems... so my apologies for not using the correct terminology - just a few more of these "breakdowns" and I will be a pro at mastering fixes... lol..

smoore1104
08-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Update: The switch buttons at the front door, the bathroom, the bedroom don't work at all. I must use the Crestron to turn on lights - which do work. I also notice that the front screen - normally shows the voltage when in the generator screen - shows nothing. I believe the electronics that control the lighting are called Frogen. I have 4 of these in the coach - the one that has the solenoid disconnect is completely out - with the exception of the flashing solenoid disconnect light. If I hit the reset button on that, I lose all DC lighting. I am now wondering if that Frogen is bad?? The solenoid internal? I will need to go through the DC prints to see what is what... wondering if anyone on the list came across this or might be able to assist? Not sure which direction to go.

Thanks in advance!

garyde
08-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Hi Scott, I believe Miles is the person to contact. Or one of our sponsors, Rick Mays of Coach works, who have the background on Country Coach.