PDA

View Full Version : And What About the Docking Lights

BrianE
12-10-2006, 12:30 AM
At POG II we saw Lots of chrome, polished aluminum and stainless, LEDs and other very nifty doodads. So what about docking lights? The Liberty installed lights look pretty pedestrian to me. Has anyone come up with a zorchy looking replacement? A little sexier shape would be cool and how about a few more thousand candle power. And don't make any nasty comments about lights Jon. We all saw your engine room mods. Besides Roger's the king of bling. Thanks.

BrianE
94Liberty XL

Jon Wehrenberg
12-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Brian,

Those docking lights on a Liberty look really great when they are polished. Mine are polished aluminum. Are you saying yours are not?

They are halogen bulbs so they are pretty bright.

MangoMike
12-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Jon,

I think Brian is talking about the '57 Chevy pickup lights.

mm

Another POG record last night at 9:30pm - 72 online.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-10-2006, 08:15 AM
OK, now I understand. Brian is right. Those lights are useless in all situations except on an overcast night during an eclipse of the moon. Then the little bit of light they put out might help.

What we really need are lights like the cornering lights I thought he was referring to, but make them so they can be directed downward a little to light up the area from the coach out to about 25 feet. Maybe Brian can come up with a design that could operate with a remote control.

Joe Cannarozzi
12-10-2006, 08:41 AM
We have the old style[that goes without saying:rolleyes:] and they work real good. If I was to get carried away I could retro-fit the lights with some aircraft landing lights. I like to use the passenger side lights while motoring to loose "road leaches" that insist on running over there for what I consider too long, works well, usually wakes them right up.
As for the intended purpose, they light up about 10 or 15 FT. easy. I think the same stuff is used in the bow on boats, hence the name.